Wrecked the Bronco last night....

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 03:40 PM
bikeboy587
4th Gear Member

Default Wrecked the Bronco last night....

....well almost... i attribute my normal crazy driving in being able to save from pulling a smiley....ill explain.[/align][/align]I was on my way to work last night at 9pm and I was on the 33 heading to the mall. I was driving in the center lane. Yes the roads where slippery/****ty but who cares we all grew up in buffalo and we are used to it. Well coming up on my left was a yellow jeep wrangler. I was cruisin along at 55. he gets up next to me so that his rear bump is next to my door. Then he throws on a blinker and starts to move over. Im like wtf buddy. The horn doesn't work on the truck, never did, so i flashed my lights and gave him the high beams but he just kept moving over. I grabbed the wheel to move quickly out of the way and as I did the truck began to fish tail, *** end to the drivers side. I slid into the right lane and I steered back the other way to correct the slid and the *** end went out to the passenger side and by this point the truck was at a 90 deg to the road pointing directly at the center concrete median (like smiley) doing 50mph. I grabbed a **** load of wheel turning to the right trying to get her going back straight. I went accross 2 lanes of traffic (thank god no one was close behind me) and as I got into the passing lane she began to come back around, went striaght then continiued around until the *** then of the drivers side cranked the center concrete wall. [/align][/align]The engine died instantly and i cracked my head off my drivers window. I kept he going straight after this and coasted to the other side of the highway. I thought I creamed the driver side rear tire and destroyed the back of the truck... Got out to inspect the damage and It was amazingly only the rear 1/4 and bumper. Good god this thing is a tank, it side slapped a wall at 50 and only this little damage. Looked like the rear end was okay, nothing was leaking or visibly bent or out of place. I had a bottle of that lock de-icer in my gas cap compartment and I looked in there and it was gone, must of popped out on impact. The tire looked like It never touched the wall. The engine fired back up. I continued to drive it to work slowly, seems to be tracking straight and true, nothing important bent or out of place.[/align][/align]The guy who caused all this just kept driving after he cut me off and never stopped. I was in 2wd for this whole thing, maybe if I had 4wd on I could of caught it before the wall? who knows. Well anyways I looks like I have to address the bumper to get the rear tailgate open but nothing a little sledge hammer won't take care of....[/align][/align]and yes here are the pics...[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]
Old 02-27-2008, 04:08 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

Default RE: Wrecked the Bronco last night....

that sucks...

good to hear it turned out allright tho
Old 02-27-2008, 04:15 PM
JT76

it didnt do anything... you didnt even break a tail light
Old 02-27-2008, 11:17 PM
bikeboy587
4th Gear Member

yea something like that...[/align][/align]