V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

put a new ccrm in...a/c still not working

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 11:21 PM
bramma_99

Default put a new ccrm in...a/c still not working

Well, if any of you guys can help me I'd greatly appreciate it. Right now, I'm at a loss for what to do. About a week ago, i took my car to the local Ford dealership because my a/c was blowing just hot air. They told me I needed a new constant control relay module and a low pressure switch. Well, I took it to a local mechanic, who ordered the ccrm for me. Anyway, i went up there this morning, and he installed it for me. Well, I turned the a/c on...and I still had the same problem. A/c blowing hot air and the compressor wasn't kicking on.
Well, he then took a took that showed if everything was getting power. he went all over my engine. Everything was gettign power except a hookup that looked like it hooked up right to the bottom of my compressor. He says that he thinks it could just be a bad wire, but he didn't have the wiring diagram for my make and model. So, I'm supposed to go up there Tuesday for him to check it. he's saying that he doesn't thing it has anything to do with the ccrm.
Why would Ford tell me it was the ccrm if it wasn't? he says that he thinks they saw that the hookup on the compressor wasn't getting any power, and they immediately said it was the ccrm, a $200 part. My question is what else could it be? I know the ccrm has relays for a lot of different systems in my car. What's the chance that on two different ccrm's the a/c relay is bad on both? If the ccrm was bad, and with the amount of stuff it controls, I would think i would have had problems with multiple systems in my car.
Also, is there anything I can check? one thing I did notice was, right under teh fender well where the ccrm hooks up, there was what looked like an electrical hookup not hooked to anything.
I know the ccrm is getting power, or my fuel pump, cooling, etc, and all of the other stuff it operates wouldnt work. So, if the problem is between the ccrm and the compressor, what could it be?
Old 05-06-2006, 02:03 AM
michaelbarry
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: put a new ccrm in...a/c still not working

I'm having the same problem. A/C is just blowing cold air. I went and bought a used A/C compressor from the junkyard. Maybe it isn't my pump afterall, and it is a relay? That would kind of suck, but would be nice too. Suck because I bought that compressor, be nice because I wouldn't have to go through the trouble of changing it. My compressor isn't kicking on either, and i'm just getting hot air.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:33 PM
jcpower
1st Gear Member

I'm having the same problem do you guys find out any thing, let me know.
Thank you
Old 09-16-2007, 08:48 PM
94Blk5.0
5th Gear Member

When my air went out, all I needed was a pressure switch, $35 from the dealer for a Motorcraft part. The dealer told you needed one right? Did you repalce it?
Old 09-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Richter12x2
1st Gear Member

Turn on your car and check to see if the compressor clutch is running. Look at the AC compressor on the car and see if the center piece is rotating. If it's not then your compressor clutch isn't getting the signal to turn on. Find the low pressure switch on your car, disconnect the plug, and stick a short piece of wire between the terminals while the engine is running. If the center of the AC compressor works NOW, then you've either got a faulty pressure switch, OR you have no R12/R134a, whatever. If that DOESN'T fix it, then you're on to the more complicated things like the CCRM, or faulty wiring between the A/C Switch (in the dash) and the compressor. Wires in the dash don't typically just go bad as quick as the wires in the engine bay that are subjected to all the heat and oil, so I'd make sure that your AC switch is actually plugged in tightly, then go back under the hood and work from the compressor back. With the engine off, of course.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:18 AM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Has anybody checked the damn freon????? That will deffinitly cause the problem.

As stated before, make sure that the A/C compressor clutch is spinning on and off, if not, there's your problem. Could be a number of things from a bad fuse, to a bad compressor.

To the guy with the heater problem, is the heating unit still good, had it checked recently?
Old 09-18-2007, 09:41 AM
raz54
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jthorn9

Has anybody checked the damn freon????? That will deffinitly cause the problem.

As stated before, make sure that the A/C compressor clutch is spinning on and off, if not, there's your problem. Could be a number of things from a bad fuse, to a bad compressor.

To the guy with the heater problem, is the heating unit still good, had it checked recently?

I was wondering that myself. You guys need to get the system connected to a manifold gauge to see if it's got enough coolant to even run. Car A/C's leak, that's why they stopped using R12 and if it leaks too much out the low pressure switch won't turn on the compressor.