V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

HAD AN IDEA AND I DONT CARE IF IT GETS RIPED OFF!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 02:57 AM
stangant
5th Gear Member

Default HAD AN IDEA AND I DONT CARE IF IT GETS RIPED OFF!!

ok really thats to get ur attention, but i did really have a good idea the i hope i cando and that hes not goten used yet and if not pleas let me be first lol. but its the back Q windows on a coupe (they dont role down). and a convertible does sooo
if i was to get a convertible window system and retrofit it so it works for a coupe....
it would just be really cool!!
Old 06-09-2007, 03:24 AM
ProvingGrounds
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: HAD AN IDEA AND I DONT CARE IF IT GETS RIPED OFF!!

Cool idea, but it is really not worth the trouble and cost associated...
Old 06-09-2007, 03:31 AM
MantaDreams
3rd Gear Member

its the stuff you dont see that'll be the impossibly expensive and time-consuming. the mechanism, the wiring, the switches on the driver's armrest. Hell couldn't be any harder than ... what... making a hatchback out of it.

No, I don't think you have any worries about someone ripping off your idea. Even if you could get it to work, it'll leak like a sieve.

but you go dude, andprove me wrong.

good luck
Old 06-09-2007, 03:37 AM
02MustangV6DD
4th Gear Member

I agree its cool and kinda nifty, but if you show someone, "Yeah i made the back windows funt." It just wouldnt cut it. I went in my buddys car yesterday and i saw 4 buttons where the shifter used to be, i asked him and he said Park, Rev, Nut., and Drive. I thought that was cool. He saw it and made it himself. Or like i saw on this forum someone got rid of those god awful hudge *** mirrors on the 05+ and put on 67 mirrors. Now that i thought looked amazing
Old 06-09-2007, 03:47 AM
amrcnidyot
6th Gear Member

i love that idea, ive never really thought of it. if you do it you should get soem sfc's becuase it might mess up the structure a little bit. if you do it and get it to work out im steeling ur idea. one problem i see is that the verts panels have spots for speakers and the coupe has them in the back window. so i guess you could always put speakers in but i dunno. find a wrecked vert with good side windows and go for it!!! if i find a good deal i might just have to try it out
oh yea and the window might be a differnt shape..cuz the vert doesnt have cpillars

edit again: oh and all the interior trip would have to be cut/custom fabbed cuz the verts obviously doesnt extend all the way up.

so basicly you need to find a way to attatch your window onto the track and make it work inside the stock door panel. the wiring shouldnt be too hard if you have it from the vert
Old 06-09-2007, 03:57 AM
stangant
5th Gear Member

guys thats y its called retrofit.. or my deff for it > making the impossibly stupid or time/money consuming possible. but my idea was to goto a junk yard with a sawsall and cut a vert and coupe back section out (like the entire structure by the windows seting them up and workin on it like that that way no harm to ur car till u acually know what the %$^ ur doin right
Old 06-09-2007, 04:00 AM
amrcnidyot
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangant

guys thats y its called retrofit.. or my deff for it > making the impossibly stupid or time/money consuming possible. but my idea was to goto a junk yard with a sawsall and cut a vert and coupe back section out (like the entire structure by the windows seting them up and workin on it like that that way no harm to ur car till u acually know what the %$^ ur doin right
the hard part will be the track though, and that would require cutting out the whole body not just the panel in that whole area and that would be a little extreem
Old 06-09-2007, 04:04 AM
ProvingGrounds
2nd Gear Member

I recommend that you try it on a salvage/totalled car at a junkyard before you destroy your own car ;-)
Old 06-09-2007, 04:04 AM
amrcnidyot
6th Gear Member

i realize you cant see much but here is a pic of a vert w/o the panel...
Old 06-09-2007, 04:12 AM
stangant
5th Gear Member

what would i have to cut cuz dont see anyting in that pic cept for the unit with the speaker and i was thinkin that the window would require acoustom weather striping track.
and where yall live cuz its 2 in morn here and if i want to talk to yall would this be a good time

Quick Reply: HAD AN IDEA AND I DONT CARE IF IT GETS RIPED OFF!!