V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Mach 1 catback

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 12:26 PM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

Default RE: Mach 1 catback

Pypes is horrible sounding on a v6...

And 1,200 for a procharger kit is a crazy deal!
but vortech>pocharger
Old 03-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Warrior62
1st Gear Member

Compared to any other exhaust company, they are very new. Plus they did start off terrible, (because they're new) But since they have swapped out the steel theyve made their exhausts with among numerous other things.

Pypes Makes Stainless Steel Exhaust Affordable
by: summitracing_sales( 22302)
4 out of 4 people found this guide helpful.[/align]Guide viewed: 638 times Tags: Exhaust System | Pypes Exhaust | Downpipes | Mufflers | X pipes[/align]

[hr]

What's the secret to the fast-rising popularity of Pypes exhaust systems and components? Is it some proprietary design that allows a Pypes exhaust system to reduce restriction and increase power? Is it a highly confidential equation that allows Pypes' mufflers to produce just the right combination of sound and performance? Maybe.

We think the real secret behind Pypes Performance Exhaust's success is not a secret at all-unless you think offering a high-quality product at an affordable price is some crazy new idea. Fact is, Pypes has found a way to apply that high quality/low price formula to stainless steel exhaust components, and performance enthusiasts are starting to take notice.
Pypes exhaust systems and components offer all the benefits of typical stainless steel systems. They resist corrosive gasses better than systems made from aluminized steel or other materials, so they maintain their looks and last longer. Pypes simply combined those benefits with a surprisingly affordable price and a lifetime warranty to make them the ultimate in exhaust system value.

Pypes Performance Exhaust stainless steel products also feature innovative designs, increased power output, and performance sound. Pypes makes a whole line of stainless steel products that will add performance to your ride without subtracting too much green from your wallet.
Complete Stainless Steel Systems

Summit Racing offers Pypes exhaust systems in cat-back and header-back configurations for a large range of musclecar applications. In addition to their stainless steel construction--16 gauge 409 stainless steel to be exact--Pypes Exhaust Systems deliver impressive power gains, a throaty tone, and better fuel mileage. The power and mileage improvements are largely the result of 2 1/2 in. and 3 in. diameter tubing that has been mandrel bent to eliminate kinks. The result is smooth exhaust flow with less resistriction.

In addition, many of the systems include an X-pipe, which synchronizes the exhaust pulses and increases the exhaust scavenging effect. This increased scavenging effect allows the engine to expel exhaust gasses more easily and produce horsepower more efficiently. The reduced restriction from the tubing and enhanced scavenging effect from the X-pipe adds up to dyno-proven power gains. A 1978 Camaro equipped with a Pypes dual exhaust system, for example, produced 185.8 horsepower-a 34 horsepower gain over stock.

Best of all, those power and performance improvements come wrapped in a stainless steel package. In fact, the systems also come with stainless steel clamps and hangers so the entire exhaust will resist corrosion and maintain its good looks.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

This was a review done by Summitt racing on pypes.

BUT..+1 on the cats and midpipes, they will tone it down.
[/align][/align]
Old 03-28-2008, 12:37 PM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

Still sounds like crap on a v6...
Old 03-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Warrior62
1st Gear Member

Why do you prefer vortech? I was just wondering....
Old 03-28-2008, 01:16 PM
dickwitham
1st Gear Member

LilRoush just confirmed what you were looking for andy...something quieter with enough tone that you can still like and and here the procharger over it...pypes sound like ish' on a V6...
Old 03-28-2008, 04:02 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Pypes still isn't as new as a LOT of companies out there trying to kick out crappy cheap exhaust parts. They've been around since back when I was in college (and that was awhile ago). Shocking that Summit (who sells Pypes) would rate them well. Kind of bias, don't you think?

Old 03-28-2008, 05:33 PM
mstang420
1st Gear Member

stop hating on pypes without stating any good reason dude
Old 03-28-2008, 05:43 PM
RED2000
2nd Gear Member

Roush, i have a o/r h pipe as of now. I really would like to keep the cats off, due to the expense, how do you think mach catback and o/rHwould sound?
Im going to make a tread of my procharger buildup in the next few weeks.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:13 PM
The Yellow Pinto

if you are looking for a quieter, deeper sound, you could always add a resonator muffler in your setup (or two, if you have true duals). i did it on my old four banger, and it took out a lot of the raspiness and sound. sounded nice...well, for a four banger, anyway. :P

Old 03-28-2008, 07:58 PM
winner99
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Warrior62

Here you go, this one's not too bad..some peoples cameras just buzz...This is a great example other that he def. did the exhaust himself, there's a big leak, you can here the ticking when he passes for the first takeoff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLQboRNCQMs
Thats pretty bad, it sounds like rocks in soup can. I used their midpipe but with a bassani catback. I think the pypes midpipe keeps it low but it sounds nasty when you get on it.

Quick Reply: Mach 1 catback