V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Parking lights out, dash lights out, amber side lights out

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 03:20 PM
princessnatalina

Default Parking lights out, dash lights out, amber side lights out

hello all
I'm new here. just have a question...or a few
2 days ago I uninstalled my sequential tail light kit since they didn't work correctly and I put back in the stock harness. everything worked fine until a half hour later, when I turned my headlights on, the dash/instrument cluster wouldn't light up & along with that the side amber lights do not go on. a little while after that, the lock/unlock button & the button to move the side mirrors around do not work. after that my tail lights stopped working.

when I turn my signal lights on, the amber lights blink & the signals in the rear work, but the parking lamps and amber lights do not stay on like they're supposed to.

I checked all of the fuses, they're all fine. I had a friend recheck the wiring in the tail lights, they were done correctly. what could be my problem? is there a way that the side lights, the dash, the locks, the mirrors & tail lights are all related? is there a relay anywhere? is there something I should try that I have not tried yet?

I'm trying to sell my car and people want to come look at it on Sunday and Tuesday but I was hoping I could get these issues resolved before they look at my car. please help! thanks!
Old 07-26-2013, 07:27 PM
Daehawk
4th Gear Member

My first guess is a fuse. But if you used a tool to actually check them and not just look at them and you said this was after a tail light harness install my next guess is a ground short.

Have you tried reinstalling the sequential harness and seeing if they all work again?
Old 07-27-2013, 09:33 AM
princessnatalina

Originally Posted by Daehawk
My first guess is a fuse. But if you used a tool to actually check them and not just look at them and you said this was after a tail light harness install my next guess is a ground short.

Have you tried reinstalling the sequential harness and seeing if they all work again?
yes I used a tool they're all working. I reinstalled the sequential harness & they're just like the regular harness. the parking lights dash side lights mirrors and locks do not work.
Old 07-26-2023, 05:13 PM
roni2v

did you ever figure this issue out? i’m having the same exact problem
Old 08-06-2023, 08:29 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

Start with the fuses- thats most likely if unrelated parts seem to be acting up (lights, locks, windows). If its lights only, it could be the multifuntion stalk, or the headlight dimmer swithc.