V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

gt take-offs

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 03:57 PM
cobra232
5th Gear Member

Default RE: gt take-offs

ORIGINAL: cobra232

ORIGINAL: p0rsche23

thats not a bad idea as its already set up for my cut y...im going to call a couple places in the city mabout half an hour away cuz i live in a small town,and see what kind of quotes and stuff they can offer, like how much to get that true dual exhaust with pipes they have without asking for any kind of pipe specifically like the take offs. what kind of muffler and tips would be best for this set up without spending too much ?
the takeoffs are from 99+ GT's so they already have nice stainless tips on them

for mufflers get force mufflers from
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...0265&langId=-1
part#395-5201 will fit the GT takeoffs perfect

the force sound and are built just like Flow super 40's but you can buy 2 force mufflers for the price of 1 super 40

i have heard the force mufflers. they sound sweet. i'll see if i can find a clip of them on a
sixer

here is a post of a satisfied guy with force mufflers. he is the one that posed a clip
http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134185
here is the clip
http://www.dragstripwarriors.com/video/Witrapped.avi

oops meant to edit my post not quote it. i'm such a tard at times
Old 12-02-2005, 03:57 PM
p0rsche23
3rd Gear Member

i dont have alot of money so the chance of me ordering some mufflers online is very slim...I got some quotes today....from my split y-lead pipes,magnaflow mufflers,and tail pipes are only 300 installed is the cheapest i got,for turbo mufflers its only 200 but i talked to a couple people and they sound like bumblebees lol,i dont want that...ill definately check out the sound clips tho..
thanks

edit...
Let me look at the price before i begin to say slim to none, sorry...lol they are cheaper than i thought......::continues looking::
Old 12-02-2005, 04:02 PM
p0rsche23
3rd Gear Member

at 30/each thats not too bad,saying the magnaflows are around 100 or 80 a piece i think...and the guy on that site seemed VERY impressed with those...that gives me more to think about....dang....also what do u think of straight lead pipes versus an x pipe to these mufflers?...i heard the x pipe gives it a more deep sound but im not gonna pay an extra 75 bucks or so to just get the x pipe if it sounds about the same....
Old 12-02-2005, 05:26 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

anybody in socal interested in GT takeoffs can come pick them up from me in exchange for a 12 pack of good beer (sam adams, sierra nevada). otherwise they will be in the dumpster.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:43 PM
p0rsche23
3rd Gear Member

yeah im still somewhat interested,depending on how much they would be with the shipping to texas...and ill throw in something if I do purchase them..

i would still need to buy that adapter too huh
Old 12-02-2005, 07:05 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

from the looks of it, you could take them to a muffler shop, get them welded back in and have them weld a straight pipe from the cats to the GT take off. I've seen other posts where v6 dudes have done this. don't really care about making any money, I just don't feel good throwing away two good mufflers and stainless tips, but it needs to be worth my time to package them up in a huge box and take them to be shipped.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:16 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: redass02gt

from the looks of it, you could take them to a muffler shop, get them welded back in and have them weld a straight pipe from the cats to the GT take off. I've seen other posts where v6 dudes have done this. don't really care about making any money, I just don't feel good throwing away two good mufflers and stainless tips, but it needs to be worth my time to package them up in a huge box and take them to be shipped.
where you be located?
Old 12-02-2005, 08:02 PM
p0rsche23
3rd Gear Member

what kind of sound with these gt take offs vs the straight dual/force muffler/regular tailpipe?
I have read a testimonial u might say about the force muffler but nothing really for the take offs being that much more than stock sound for a v6? anyone?
Old 12-02-2005, 09:47 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

ORIGINAL: mustangman02232

where you be located?
Los Angeles area.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:55 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangman02232

where you be located?
Los Angeles area.
wohoo, Im in west but f*ck massachussets, only 3k miles away, never mind then, i aint payin for shippin

Quick Reply: gt take-offs