V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

My First Mustang Questions/Pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 03:05 AM
HotRod8515
1st Gear Member

Default My First Mustang Questions/Pics

Well Ive always dreamed of owning a mustang and today it came true. I always liked the 99-04 models. I wanted something that needed work as I think it is far more fun and special to take one in bad shape and make it sweet again. Unbelievably I got the mustang for $2000. Its a 2000 V-6 3.8 Auto. 120,xxx miles. Runs fine, only mechanical problem is the service engine light is on and I havent checked it out yet but the guy i bought from said he had autozone check it and it was an issue with the mass flow sensor.....I dont notice any performance issues though. Most the issues are cosmetic and bodt work...which im not familair with. passenger side was hit and the last guy did a half a#@ job at fixing and painted it with silver paint (looks shady). Front bumper is loose, front pass quarte panel bolts dont line up with original marks, A/C doesnt blow through the vents nor does it blow cold, He said the rims on this thing are off a 98 mustang cobra 17 inch....im not sure can anyone else confirm this cuz I need to buy one more as he has one 15 inch rim on passenger front???? So anyway I have alot of elbow work ahead of me and salvage yard hunting but I dont think I can go wrong with the price and im sure eventually after I get her back in shape Ill start working on getting a CAI and dual exhaust. Dont think i'll keep the bra either. Also from the looks I think I could save alot of time and money if I could find another passenger door in my color as thats most of the body work that needs done. This car has definately been abused and not taken care of cosmetically...the engine seems pretty clean though. Any ideas on what I should tune up and replace assuming they havent been done with this mileage. Tell me what yall think....k well ill have to try later it says files too large...even one pic?
Old 06-13-2008, 05:28 AM
akinahs
1st Gear Member

Default RE: My First Mustang Questions/Pics

I'm pretty sure you have to setup an account with a host like photobucket.com and then you post the pic fileor shrink the hell out of it.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:14 AM
HotRod8515
1st Gear Member

Ok heres some pics...I really need to replace this rim anyone know what year and model it was common on or where I can find one? Ive found one on ebay buts its a 16 inch. I think these look good and would like to keep them.

[IMG]local://upfiles/98994/4C19506E419247E7BC85B3BB0A96BE41.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/98994/9F29A3FC69B4484EBF8AC822BEF8191E.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-13-2008, 10:15 AM
jpacetti
2nd Gear Member

You could try MPS autosalvage. I have bought single rims there before. Used but reasonably priced. You could ask them about your door to. Try checking your vacum lines to get your ac to blow through the vents. The doors are actuated with vacum pressure. Usually without vacum it will only blow through thedefog vents. If it dosen't blow cold it could be your ac needs serviced.How much you can do yourself depends on how much you know about ac and troubleshooting it.Good luck with your new pony.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:17 PM
JKs95stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jpacetti

You could try MPS autosalvage. I have bought single rims there before. Used but reasonably priced. You could ask them about your door to. Try checking your vacum lines to get your ac to blow through the vents. The doors are actuated with vacum pressure. Usually without vacum it will only blow through thedefog vents. If it dosen't blow cold it could be your ac needs serviced.How much you can do yourself depends on how much you know about ac and troubleshooting it.Good luck with your new pony.
Yup, my 95 had the same problem with the A/C working only through the defrost vents. Check the vacuum like that runs along the firewall. My 95 had a nice slice in the line, replace the line, worked like a charm. At least the A/C still blows, probably just needs a recharge too. The car doesn't look bad, I just hate the fact that people don't take care of there vehicles. What a shame, oh well though, you get a chance to get her looking nice again, and make it your own. GL
Old 06-14-2008, 09:39 AM
HotRod8515
1st Gear Member

Im checking into MPS..As far as the vacumm line you huys are talking about where can I find it? Are you talking about inisde the car and if so under which side of the dash? Also if it needs recharging does that mean there is most likely a leak that would need to be fixed? I appreciate any advice.