V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

M112 Installation, FAQ, & Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 03:05 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Ever get an answer?
I thought it was the 96-98 Cobra???
Old 07-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Fink
5th Gear Member

I could reuse my IAC.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:26 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Sorry, didn't see that. Yes, stock IAC is the same part number across the board.
I modded my throttle cable to work. Stock CC cable works.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:52 PM
stangant
5th Gear Member

Ok well i have the 25% underdrive pulley on with this turbo setup. when i go with the m112 eventually what would i have to do to get 15 psi or so?
Old 07-09-2011, 01:40 AM
Fink
5th Gear Member

Either put your stock crank pulley or get a smaller s/c pulley. Stock crank and 3.65 nets like 12-14psi.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:49 PM
stangant
5th Gear Member

hmm, not wanting to go back to the stock underdrive but if i have to oh well. Also I don't see a step by step install guide here. hehe

Last edited by stangant; 07-09-2011 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-23-2021, 01:55 PM
Lemuel Parker Chun

what do you mean your choice of programmer? im in the middle of the build and finishing the build got me thinking about " can i just start the car up and let it idle itself out or buy a vmp email tuning package or idk...
some knowledge would be appreciated, mahalo
Old 01-23-2021, 01:56 PM
Lemuel Parker Chun

Originally Posted by RyansQuick6
no, you can just buy the kit complete, all that you have to add is your choice of programmer and a boost guage.
what do you mean your choice of programmer? im in the middle of the build and finishing the build got me thinking about " can i just start the car up and let it idle itself out or buy a vmp email tuning package or idk...
some knowledge would be appreciated, mahalo
Old 01-05-2022, 04:17 PM
Resendrx

Default Where do I buy it??

Originally Posted by LilRoush
This was originally designed to be just for my car. When on the track, by biggest weak point was getting out of the corners and up to speed again. I was hoping to use the M90 - but as we all know, it doesn't work on 99-04 V6 cars due to the different heads used. The M112 was the obvious next choice. I wanted positive displacement for it's low rmp power abilities. I didn't need top end, I needed to get up and go fast. Centri blowers and turbo kits didn't offer what I needed.

I was with another guy who was making a custom lower - but that failed beyond all hope. The failures I watched showed me a lot, though. And I drew up a very basic set up that mounted the Cobra's M112 to the v6 motor. My goals in making it for others:

1: Make it easy to do - something someone could do in their driveway with hand tools.

2: Retain all pollution control.

3: Retain stock fuel rail and lower intake. I didn't want to mess with a custom fuel rail or re-running cooling lines if I didn't have to.

What I came up with was a boxed upper intake that mounts between the M112 and the stock split port lower intake. It uses the entire air inlet of the Cobra all the way to the blower.
It took several years of testing (and failing) to make something that really works well. With a basic bolt on blower set up, the 3.8L will double it's stock hp.

Fuel upgrades needed are the SVT Focus 310lph fuel pump, stock 39 lb Cobra injectors and the Cobra MAF. All the stock 03/04 Cobra air intake (or any 03/04 Cobra aftermarket cai) will work.

You will need a new hood, or cut a hole in the stock one. The blower is very large, and sticks up very high.

Biggest things people point out as negatives are:

1: Heat from the blower. Yes, there is heat... but not like what people see when they try to match undersized blowers to big motors. There is no heat soak issue with this set up no matter what people will say. I have yet to meet anyone running the M112 on a V6 who has heat issues.

2: Cost of buying a hood. With the full M112 Kit priced at $2800, adding a hood still makes it cheaper than most of the similar blower kits.

Biggest positives:

1: Instant power. No spool time, or having to wait for high RPMs to get your power. The torque curve is a flat line, and at full power by 2500 RPM. Think about the RPM range you arein most of the time. Are you driving at 3500+ RPM, or between 1000- 3000 RPM most of the time?

2: Growing room. The M112 is a huge blower for such a small motor. They are good to 18psi or more, and will provide enough power for 90% of the V6 owners who are using them.

Places to get the M112 set up:
I sent a version to Super Six Motorsports. They have made it a bit taller, and sell JUST the intake on their website.

I make the intake that is shorter. Mine fits under most 2 1/2" cowl hoods. I also make the intakes that are sold in the MySteed Performance kits for $2800. You can PM me for info on how to contact him for the full kit.

and for some visual aides...

Intake on the motor:

From the front, you can see how close it sits to the fuel rail, ERG inlet and coolant lines:

On my car (note that I was using the stock V6 airbox rigged with the cobra MAF due to losing my Cobra air box when I had it on the car for these pics. also rigged my throttle cable bracket since I lost that as well. note to self, always keep junk in a labled box for later.):

Fixing a belt alignment issue at a show:

After the paint/port job:

where do I buy it???
Old 01-05-2022, 04:28 PM
Resendrx

Default Where can I buy this !?

Sound sick man I need this for my 4.2l f150 and am really interested do you still make them?

Quick Reply: M112 Installation, FAQ, & Discussion