V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Stupid SHIFTER!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 02:53 PM
Tifney

Red face Stupid SHIFTER!!

Okay so I have done my research and now understand that issues with the shifter assembly are common. Especially with the wrinkling of the plastic piece that guides shifter. Well mines done for. I was at Walmart and thought the dang thing was in park, so i turned it off, but couldn't get the key out. As I was attempting to get the thing into park the car rolled back and hit another car. I could not get it cranked to get it off the other car due to it NOT GOING INTO PARK. So I did what any irate female would do, I jerked the shifter back and slamed it forward as hard as I could. It worked..lol I was able to change gears and park it, finish my shopping and have driven it for the last 3 days with the assembly angled out and up from the console. It's completely coming out. I popped or busted something when I slamed it. It's bad. I need the assembly or maybe some anger management but likely both. lol Any suggestions or help is appreciated. I need the assembly but I need it at a reasonable price. I am willing to trade parts as my car has a lot of aftermarket stuff and I still have the factory equipment in my garage. It's a 2006 Mustang V6, Black w/ black leather interior.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:18 AM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

Just a suggestion

http://www.americanmuscle.com/tci-ra...er-0509gt.html

I know there's some other companies that make shifters for your car that American muscle do not carry.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:25 PM
stangant
5th Gear Member

you are in the wrong section, for appropriate help go here.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2013-mustangs-43/
Old 08-22-2012, 11:58 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tifney
Okay so I have done my research and now understand that issues with the shifter assembly are common. Especially with the wrinkling of the plastic piece that guides shifter. Well mines done for. I was at Walmart and thought the dang thing was in park, so i turned it off, but couldn't get the key out. As I was attempting to get the thing into park the car rolled back and hit another car. I could not get it cranked to get it off the other car due to it NOT GOING INTO PARK. So I did what any irate female would do, I jerked the shifter back and slamed it forward as hard as I could. It worked..lol I was able to change gears and park it, finish my shopping and have driven it for the last 3 days with the assembly angled out and up from the console. It's completely coming out. I popped or busted something when I slamed it. It's bad. I need the assembly or maybe some anger management but likely both. lol Any suggestions or help is appreciated. I need the assembly but I need it at a reasonable price. I am willing to trade parts as my car has a lot of aftermarket stuff and I still have the factory equipment in my garage. It's a 2006 Mustang V6, Black w/ black leather interior.
Originally Posted by BabyGT
Just a suggestion

I know there's some other companies that make shifters for your car that American muscle do not carry.
Tifney,

BabyGT has got the right idea. Our TCI StreetFigher ratchet shifter is a night/day difference from stock. I know it's on the costly side, but it won't fail like the factory shifter has, already. Check out some of the reviews on our product page, and see what other customers think!

If you need any help, give me a shout!

Shane
Old 10-07-2012, 11:08 AM
amustangrocks
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BabyGT
Just a suggestion

there really are no other shifters out there for the 05-09 autos. some guys have put 2010 shifters in by cutting the console a bit. ive got the tci, it comes with a nice leather boot but i replaced mine with black stitching to match my other interior leather. its been a great shifter and i really like it alot but they went up a couple hundred in price now. i would check junk yards for a decent price on a oem shifter.
Attached Thumbnails Stupid SHIFTER!!-dscf2261.jpg  

Last edited by amustangrocks; 10-07-2012 at 11:15 AM.