Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

modding question... take it slow ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 01:32 AM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

Default modding question... take it slow ?

I know just about all of us have the mod bug... but my question is... if we all get our cars maybe not exterior all that much but the performance type of modding done like so quick, a few years down the road, there will be nothing left to do per say, right?

nothing beats a project, lol... im just afraid that a few years down the road i might have done all the performance mods that are feasable or what have u and that will make me sad, lol....

r u guys worried about having nothing left to mod?
Old 03-14-2006, 01:38 AM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: modding question... take it slow ?

I think that manufactuors will always keep us busy, if the money slows, they will come out with something else a little bit more shiney, or maybe an XCAL-6, 275rwhp with the tune alone LOL
Old 03-14-2006, 06:21 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Puleo76

r u guys worried about having nothing left to mod?
This is a trick question right? LOL!

My wife, "When will you be done?"

Me, "Never...."

LOL!
Old 03-14-2006, 09:59 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Yea, I doubt I will ever stop as well. Scrming's quote is similiar to a conversation I had with the wife a month ago. I'll never stop modding, there is so much to do. I'm about to go to my 3rd exhaust project (dual MRT's). Soon there will be TB's out on the market, ton of suspension work that could be done, sub frame connectors, DR's, center fogs, so much that could be done. LOL. Tint, Louvers, head rest wraps, engine bay dress up. Man, I have so far to go, I've only begun to define myself. LOL.

Basically its up to you when to stop.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:48 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

The aftermarket is just beginning to stretch and yawn itself awake with more goodies down the road that haven't even been created. Though, I'm slowing down with mods a bit, there's always a few goals in mind. Right now, I'm very curious about throttle bodies to see if there's any hp left from a n/a intake.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:30 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

Dude, I haven't even started yet. Hell, I'm making my first payment tomorrow!

Seriously, when I get the money, I'm going with suspension mods, then engine mods. A few exterior mods will be here and there.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:10 PM
Big Red
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: omer333

Dude, I haven't even started yet. Hell, I'm making my first payment tomorrow!

Seriously, when I get the money, I'm going with suspension mods, then engine mods. A few exterior mods will be here and there.
Im in the same boat, just made my first payment last week, I have a pretty hefty payment, so Im waiting till I have a good amount of cash in the bank and then I wanna add an intake and maybe and exhaust and a few dress up things like racing stripes, plenum cover, painted side mirror covers, maybe some interior chrome, and right now Im thinking of getting the retro Ford letters to put on the hood. I have splash guards being shipped to me right now.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:44 PM
onefastv6
3rd Gear Member

ive actually thought about it ending . after a while i was like...NO it wont end for me. when im completely finished (if i ever finish LOL) i might just have to drop in a 427 from ford . if i dont get to do that my son definately will LOL when he gets it soon. just too much fun to ever stop[sm=gears.gif]
Old 03-14-2006, 06:25 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Puleo76

I know just about all of us have the mod bug... but my question is... if we all get our cars maybe not exterior all that much but the performance type of modding done like so quick, a few years down the road, there will be nothing left to do per say, right?

nothing beats a project, lol... im just afraid that a few years down the road i might have done all the performance mods that are feasable or what have u and that will make me sad, lol....
I tend to mod cars/ bikes until they get where I want them, then I leave it like that and start playing with something else. I have a plan in my head of where I'm going with my stang, if and when I get there I think it'll be done. Then I'll just enjoy it while I mess with something else
Old 03-14-2006, 07:24 PM
cstigger04
2nd Gear Member

By the time I get done with what I can afford now, there should be plenty of things on the market for example, actual intakes that are something other than plastic, Heads...these are already in the works from someone, Transmission work...you can always use a stronger one with better gears, speaking of gears, thats a project in itself. then you always have stereo upgrades, computer systems ect......my point, It is the MOD Bug will never end because they will never find a cure, and a "project" is never really completed, because if you get tired of it someone else will always want to change something on it should you ever get rid of it.

Quick Reply: modding question... take it slow ?