Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

what should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 05:55 PM
efroug

Default what should i do?

SHould i even think of changing my intake? would it help with performance?
Old 03-15-2006, 06:00 PM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: what should i do?

Welcome to the forum. The answer is a resounding YES! If you can afford the C&L intake and SCT Xcal 2 tuner combo, you should. You'll pick up about 12-15 hwp, but the performance difference is amazing. It's a different car! I got my combo from Doug at Bamachips. He's great to work with! Use the search tool at bottom of this page to pull up other folks raves. Well, this is my opinion and I'm sticking to it! Go for it!
Old 03-15-2006, 06:13 PM
Big Red
2nd Gear Member

Ive been meaning to ask this as well so we'll see if I get any replies here to it, is it worth it to just get an intake and no Xcal2? just slap the part on, will i still see a performance increase? I know we threw one on my brother in law's truck and never reflashed anything.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:07 PM
Traken
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Big Red

Ive been meaning to ask this as well so we'll see if I get any replies here to it, is it worth it to just get an intake and no Xcal2? just slap the part on, will i still see a performance increase? I know we threw one on my brother in law's truck and never reflashed anything.
Alot of it depends on the intake. Some intakes don't require a tune, and some, like the C&L do, or your engine will run lean.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:22 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

I just updated my exhaust and now I want the C&L plus tune. My question is does this void the warranty? I wouldn't think the intake itself would void the warranty because of the new law posted on the SEMA page, but tuning the computer yourself looks like a grey area. Has anyone had problems with warranty service after installing these upgrades?
Old 03-15-2006, 11:21 PM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

Here's my take on the above two questions: 1) Any intake that doesn't require a tune won't give you any better performance that the stock air intake. Why would it? If it's not sucking in enough additional air to require a new tune, it's just the same as the factory one. My car with the C&L intake installed won't even start without the computer reflash. 2) There are differing opinions on the effect on your warranty. It basically boils down to how cool is your dealer. Some dealers have no problems with mods, others freak out. If not sure, just swap back to your factory intake, and reflash back to factory settings before taking it in and nobody's the wiser. Your tuner saves your factory settings so there's no sweat. I hope this helps.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:11 AM
Traken
2nd Gear Member

While alot of it is due to having a good dealer, the basic legality is that, they have to prove that the mod you did caused the problem with the car. If your modification had nothing to do with the problem that occurred, they can't void your warranty.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:09 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Traken

While alot of it is due to having a good dealer, the basic legality is that, they have to prove that the mod you did cause the problem with the car. If your modification had nothing to do with the problem that occurred, they can't void your warranty.
Right..... Nothing voids YOUR ENTIRE warranty... well, except maybe this:

Old 03-16-2006, 07:16 PM
Traken
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

ORIGINAL: Traken

While alot of it is due to having a good dealer, the basic legality is that, they have to prove that the mod you did cause the problem with the car. If your modification had nothing to do with the problem that occurred, they can't void your warranty.
Right..... Nothing voids YOUR ENTIRE warranty... well, except maybe this:

Ahh, I just never get sick of seeing that pic with your car just digging in like that.