Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Computer Tuner Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 12:09 AM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

Default Computer Tuner Question

I asked this over on the Boost, Pipes, and Juice part of the forum:

Ok, I have a question about which would be a better computer tuner for my car. I have a 2006 Mustang V6 with and automatic transmission and no modifications. I know that when I get a new intake I'll need a new tune for it.

What is that difference between a Diablosport Tuner, an XCal, and a SuperChips Tuner? Are there even any differences? Or is it all on personal preferences?
Old 03-19-2006, 12:18 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Computer Tuner Question

ORIGINAL: omer333

Ok, I have a question about which would be a better computer tuner for my car. I have a 2006 Mustang V6 with and automatic transmission and no modifications. I know that when I get a new intake I'll need a new tune for it.

What is that difference between a Diablosport Tuner, an XCal, and a SuperChips Tuner? Are there even any differences? Or is it all on personal preferences?

well, in my mind there is no personal opinion when it comes to an automatic the X-Cal2 is the way to go! Now who you get the X-Cal from is personal opinion.... In my opinion when it comes to the automatic Lidio from Alternative Auto it tops... www.alternativeauto.com

Old 03-19-2006, 12:30 AM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

hey screaming, do you think Lidio could e-mail a tune for me to dowload into my tuner that I got from bamachips, is that even possible? I have been thinking about the "Barbaric" tune you mentioned you have from him

ORIGINAL: scrming

well, in my mind there is no personal opinion when it comes to an automatic the X-Cal2 is the way to go! Now who you get the X-Cal from is personal opinion.... In my opinion when it comes to the automatic Lidio from Alternative Auto it tops... www.alternativeauto.com

Old 03-19-2006, 12:37 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bscottie

hey screaming, do you think Lidio could e-mail a tune for me to dowload into my tuner that I got from bamachips, is that even possible? I have been thinking about the "Barbaric" tune you mentioned you have from him

Lidio doesn't e-mail tunes... perhaps that will most likely change when SCT get's the serial # thing working... but at this time you'ld need to send him your X-Cal2...
Old 03-19-2006, 12:50 AM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

I'm gonna play some more, pretty happy with what I was able to do today, but have been curious about your progress, I'm hoping I can find a shop around here that I can work with like youve been doing with Lidio, thanks for the info, I would def. like to see what could be done with a dyno tune.

ORIGINAL: bscottie

Lidio doesn't e-mail tunes... perhaps that will most likely change when SCT get's the serial # thing working... but at this time you'ld need to send him your X-Cal2...