Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

N/A POWER

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 11:25 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: N/A POWER

yeah, 210hp out of a 4.0l engine is actually pathetic compared to the japanese cars running that infamous (at least infamous to american car makers) 3.5l engine that the 350z and g35 have (and i think skyline maybe?)

very dissapinted in ford when it comes to this one.... []
Old 04-05-2006, 11:30 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

you get what you pay for $22,000 gets you the name mustang, new body style, 4.0L SOHC. If your not happy with what FORD has done, then use your own money to make it faster. Oh, and say our v6 stang was as fast as say a 350Z, guess what. Your insruance rates would be as high as if you had gotten a GT so you have to look at the whole picture.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:33 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Trill Gear Head

you get what you pay for $22,000 gets you the name mustang, new body style, 4.0L SOHC. If your not happy with what FORD has done, then use your own money to make it faster. Oh, and say our v6 stang was as fast as say a 350Z, guess what. Your insruance rates would be as high as if you had gotten a GT so you have to look at the whole picture.
...i dont think insurance rates were what pushed most people to get 6ers, for me it was purely because they did not have gt's that were not verts (whoever buys a vert in a city where it rains weeks in a row is not very intelligent)
Old 04-05-2006, 11:33 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

an intercooler just cools the ambiant air, detonation occurs when the air is hot and compression alone ignites the combustion process before the spark, kinda like pre-iignition.. colder air allows you stuff more boost in the CH because it will take that much more for the air to compress to the temperature where ignition happens.. also cold air is smaller in size (if you were to measure air) and you can get more in the CH relative to the air's density in the CH... 6psi hot = density A, 9psi cold= denisity A... just for example
Old 04-05-2006, 11:36 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

It goes back to the belief that if Ford put a super-duper V6 or even straight-six in the Mustang that was equal to or better than an import six cylinder, then why would anyone buy a GT?

Having said that, I believe that the 4.0 can put out about 230-250 horsepower at the wheel, but it will need a hot cam and high flow heads in addition to CAI, Throttle-Body, Exhaust and Tune. I would also say running bigger injectors will help as long as you've got the fuel pump to match and don't forget beefing up the gearing.

Admit it, this would be a pretty bad-a$$ V6.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:36 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

an intercooler just cools the ambiant air, detonation occurs when the air is hot and compression alone ignites the combustion process before the spark, kinda like pre-iignition.. colder air allows you stuff more boost in the CH because it will take that much more for the air to compress to the temperature where ignition happens.. also cold air is smaller in size (if you were to measure air) and you can get more in the CH relative to the air's density in the CH... 6psi hot = density A, 9psi cold= denisity A... just for example
i knew i took chemistry for a reason last year lol
Old 04-05-2006, 11:39 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

yeah, 210hp out of a 4.0l engine is actually pathetic compared to the japanese cars running that infamous (at least infamous to american car makers) 3.5l engine that the 350z and g35 have (and i think skyline maybe?)

While they may make more HP... they tend to LACK in the Torque department! You need displacement for Torque... And the 4.0L does a really descent job making Torque... Torque is what pushes your butt in the seat! LOL!

BTW... I'll be avoiding cams and such... A lot of work ($$$)... especially the passenger side cam... hard to get a good tune.. I don't want to risk screwing up the "Streetablity" of my car...
Old 04-05-2006, 11:39 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Yea I agree too. I agree a lot. It seems the Domestic v6's are never matched up well enough. Well when the Camaro's & Challenger's come out Ford will use a 3.5l DOHC that will produce 250hp at the motor but even thats still blaaa. What 220 at the motor!! The 350Z has great stock HP at the motor. I heard that the 350's only actually dyno at 235 -240 at the wheel with auto's I belive. I also heard that those STI's are only about 250 at the wheels cause of the all wheel drive but I doubt that one those suckers are quick!!!!
Old 04-05-2006, 11:41 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

While they may make more HP... they tend to LACK in the Torque department! You need displacement for Torque... And the 4.0L does a really descent job making Torque... Torque is what pushes your butt in the seat! LOL!

BTW... I'll be avoiding cams and such... A lot of work ($$$)... especially the passenger side cam... hard to get a good tune.. I don't want to risk screwing up the "Streetablity" of my car...
Thats very true too about the torque.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:44 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

just feed the 4.0L boost, if you want reliability go x-charger(doesn't cause so much stress on da engine) and run it at a conservative boost and tune and you will have years of fun. Just remeber that you will have maintain it

Quick Reply: N/A POWER