Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

ordered MRT exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 03:15 AM
lostnight
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: ordered MRT exhaust

On March 31st with a totally stock car I ent to Kil-Kare Dragway for the first time ever. I did two runs,just to refresh:

1st run; My first run ever. Gave it some gas, not too much but enough to squeal the tires a little. 15.441 90.1`4 mph

2nd run; More gas at start, more wheel spin, then somewhere before 1/8 mark hit a slippery spot, got more wheel spin. Recovered and got 15.965 89.98mph

Today I got my MRT single axleback installed and did 4 runs at Kil-Kare.

1st run; No car ran next to me, I went solo. I kept the revs low to start, got away cleanly, no wheel spin. Felt good, sounded strong. Time was 15.7411 @ 89.82 mph.

@nd run: A blue WRX wagon ran with me. I gave a little more gas to start, still no wheelspin. I ended up edging out the WRX and expected a good time. But it was very close to my first run; 15.7208 @ 89.63mph. The WRX ran 15.8409 @ 87.22mph. My dad was all excited about me edging out the WRX wagon, but I know they're much faster than that, he must have had some issues with something. I wasn't concerned to find out, I was depressed about another 15.7 run.

3rd run; I decided to be far more aggressive. I gave it a lot more gas, but ended up doing what seemed like a long burnout. I spun them too quick, layed too much rubber. 15.9520 @ 89.92 mph. That was the same mph as my first run, kooky.

4th run; It was crowded there tonight, and it took over an hour and a half to make tis run. I decided it would be my last ofthe night. I also decided to launch around 2100 rpm. It felt like a good launch, not much wheelspin to start but maybe a light chirp. It felt good, then once I got past he 1/8th, my rpms shot up and my wheel started spinning like crazy. I felt my car rotate sideways slightly. I ht some oil or something again, just like my second run on March 31st, but this time it was worse. It felt like it lasted at least 2 seconds. I was yellow somethig like, "Ahhh Nooo!!!". It hurt because I knew it was my last run of the night, and it felt like my best one up to that point. It also hurt because I knew I would not equal my best run from when I had my stock exhaust. I guessed I ran like 17-18 seconds, but it must have felt worse than what it was, because it was 15.833 @ 89.44mph. I'm sure I could have topped 90 mph with a clean lane, and who knows, maybe at least equal the 15.4.

As soon as I grabbed my ticket, I went and parked my car. While walking towards the track I noticed the tractor cleaning my lane, so I have the worst timing. Anyway, the drag season is very young, maybe I just couldn't put together a good run. I'll be back to the track, I haven't lost faith in the new MRT pipe yet. I just wish I had more positive results to give to you all.

Now I must go to bed, I have to be at work at 7:30 in the morning.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:28 AM
lostnight
2nd Gear Member

I got positive reactions from co-workers this morning. One of the women (Robin) said she really likes the way it looks, and that it sounded good. She's into cars, drives a new Accord, and used to hang out at Kil-Kare wearing a bikini top in her younger days.

One of my other friends (Ken) drives a lightly modded 997 Mustang GT, and has a ZX-9 that he drags at Kil-Kare sometimes. He said, "Nice, it doesn't sound rice at all. Good investment." And Ken is a crical guy, not afraid to say what he really thinks. So that made me feel good.

I also noticed more heads turning due to the sound of the exhaust, people wouldn't just glance to see what kind of car was making that noise, they would hold their gaze and stare. It is so strange for me to experience, I've never owned a car before that people took notice of, I'm used to getting around incognito.
Old 04-15-2006, 09:07 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lostnight

I got positive reactions from co-workers this morning. One of the women (Robin) said she really likes the way it looks, and that it sounded good. She's into cars, drives a new Accord, and used to hang out at Kil-Kare wearing a bikini top in her younger days.

One of my other friends (Ken) drives a lightly modded 997 Mustang GT, and has a ZX-9 that he drags at Kil-Kare sometimes. He said, "Nice, it doesn't sound rice at all. Good investment." And Ken is a crical guy, not afraid to say what he really thinks. So that made me feel good.

I also noticed more heads turning due to the sound of the exhaust, people wouldn't just glance to see what kind of car was making that noise, they would hold their gaze and stare. It is so strange for me to experience, I've never owned a car before that people took notice of, I'm used to getting around incognito.
Yep... i understand... I love the folks that almost twist their heads off as you go by because they are staring so intensely! LOL!

Don't know if you know much about MRT and their Cherry 6T6 SEMA car... 2005 V6 Vert (with twin turbos)... well Scott (the owner) was looking for muffler for the car... he tired a number of mufflers... then he put the Aero-Turbine on... he was cruising through town with it on... he seen a group of guys... gave the car a quick rap on the gas.. All the guys immmediately turned to look and one of them said "That's the most bad a$$ Mustang I've heard.." He knew right then he found the muffler he was looking for! LOL!

Glad the MRT worked out for you!