Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

raced an m3 last night

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 09:42 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: raced an m3 last night

ORIGINAL: Trill Gear Head

Well, I've been very good the past 3 years so all i have to do is convice my parents that demolet & x-cal 2 and the MRT muffler will increase my gas mileage but then you have to subtract my lead foot so everything evens out. Oh, and if you can't mod your stand at all, then keep your stang as a daily driver and save up to get a project stang I'm thinkn maybe a old fox body or 94-95? just an idea. Your goin off to college right? then you might be able to get away with modding it when your away from home depending on how car savy your parents are. I know i couldn't do mostly anything without my dad knowning but my mom is clueless. I'm pretty sure you could get away the CAI and tune if they don't know about it, and maybe you could convince them to let you put on a gt-take off muffler since their relatively cheap.

just some ideas man. Try to help a fellow spoiled bastard out!!! lol
LOL. You are on track. I'm shopping for a 5.0 LX project car.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:44 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

too bad i am not moving very far...lol, the university is like 20 minutes away

anyways, eventually they will give in or just not care lol
Old 04-09-2006, 09:49 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

Ok, then you will really have to show them that your responsible. If you have a job save up a considerable sum, don't do anything stupid, and don't nag your parents, eventually when they see that your are 'grown up' and MIGHT let you mod your stang. if you don't have a job get one.

oh and rygen i was lookn at gettin an old 5.0L fox body as an alternative of putting a power adder on my new stang to get my power fix. But with school comin up, i really don't think i can afford a project car right now. But, good luck on your LX and always look for rust just my two cents.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:57 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

it's not the responsibility issue, they really let me do pretty much anything because they they trust me

my dad has just hated modding since i can remember, i remember he used to get mad at my uncle for modding his car. he says it is for insurance liability issues...i guess that is what 20 some years of doing buisness does to you[>:]
Old 04-09-2006, 10:02 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

You don't have to tell your insurance company anything about your modding, they could really care less. The only thing about it is if you mod your stang and hit something, your insurance company will only give you the KBB of your car and all da money you put on it that couldn't be salvages would be gone forever. But thats life and an expensive hobby lol, i look at it like this: Spend money on your car and then whats left over spend on your girl friend
Old 04-09-2006, 10:04 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

he is affraid that if i crash, they will try to blame the fact that i used aftermarket parts

...this is the way he thinks, he is crazy
Old 04-09-2006, 11:18 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

Ur dad is paranoid, it doesn't matter what mod you do to it. The insurance company will be obligated to pay for your car repairs. Now on the other hand if he is thinking of your warranty, then yes they will try blaim your mods for whatever is wrong with your car. So if you can convince your dad you could atleast do some appearance mods, no way in hell a dealer could link lets say louvers to any suspension, electronic or anyother problems your car might have. If that doesn't work then pay for the monthly payment and do whatever the hell you want to with it.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:34 PM
blk06v6

The M3 you raced is the e46 chassis and has the 2nd highest output per liter of any N/A engine from the factory. The only engine with a higher output per liter is a ferrari. M series bimmers don't mess around, 50/50 weight distribution, smoothest short shifter EVER (IMO) and sick looks to boot. Everything about that car is BAD ***. It also takes a highly trained eye to pick it out from say a 330i. A GT with mods might hang untill you hit a turn. . . also a m3 is $50,000. Not really comparing apples to apples here
Old 04-10-2006, 12:35 AM
06Blue4.0

Yeah, i raced a 330i a few days ago, it wasn't even a race rich boy couldn't drive worth anything either tho. Yeah its not that my parents won't let me mod (as i am 17 also) but the fact i want to save 6g's for either a new engine or F/I first. :P