Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I HATE COPS (continuation from last post)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 12:59 AM
noir
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I HATE COPS (continuation from last post)

For the most part, cops are what you get when you hire underpaid, non-educated people and give them power. There like dentist in a sense too, as no one looks forward to seeing them, forcing them to deal with un-pleasent people.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:00 AM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

Flap Jack, i got a question;

how was the air force? When i go to college next year i'm gonna be in the Air Force ROTC and i'm gonna have to commute about 1 hour 1/2 to get to it. My major is gonna be Computer Engineering so do you think its worth it? Also, What where some of your better experiences in the AF?
Old 04-23-2006, 01:32 AM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

I've been in 11 years. 10 enlisted, 1 now as an officer. Like any job, there are ups and downs. However, it has been great overall. I have had a great time and have had some awesome assignments. I have learned so much about life that I just never would've gotten out of most civilian jobs.

ROTC is the way to go, as far as getting your commission. Since I was prior enlisted, I just finished school and applied for OTS, which is a 12-week course. ROTC is easier for most, since you go through weekend drills and only a 4-week "field training" as opposed to OTS.

As a computer engineer, you might have a harder time getting in. I have a bachelor of applied science in computer information systems. They're cutting communications officers pretty severely (59% to go in 07 and 08). I might end up cross-training into Space & Missiles to avoid getting cut.

Clinton started a trend that hasn't gone away yet. It'll probably take a global war to realize they've cut the military too much. Let's hope it never gets to that!
Old 04-23-2006, 02:19 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: noir

For the most part, cops are what you get when you hire underpaid, non-educated people and give them power. There like dentist in a sense too, as no one looks forward to seeing them, forcing them to deal with un-pleasent people.
i like my dentist....ultra sonic cleaning technologies...very nice