Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Got Pulled Over Today.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 04:58 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Got Pulled Over Today.

ORIGINAL: Jimp

Either you lied to that cop or you just typed it backwards, the car runs 87 octane from the factory.

+1, i was gonna say the same thing.

anyway, good lucky break, the cop seems like a cool guy, and you handled it perfectly.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:01 PM
cableguymicah
3rd Gear Member

My brother works as a cop, There taught to be trained to tell your speed by distance, so wacked out formula. Cops can give you a ticket even if the don't have you clocked. Now you have a greater chance of getting out of it if you go to court and fight it, but once my brother went to court said the guy was going 80-90 in a 45 , not only did he take the guy to jail, the guy went to court told the judge he asked to see the radar, mt brother told the judge he didn't clock him,but estimated how fast he was going with that formula, which at the moment slips my mind, judge suspendid the guys license for 90 days. Its rare they will stop you, even rare to get a ticket, but they can and its rare for it to hold up in court but it can. Just a FYi...........
Old 04-30-2006, 05:08 PM
firestang70
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 93BlackNotch

Actually that's not true, I've heard alot of myths about being pulled over, and most of them are bull****... Have you ever heard of the pace methind? I know alot of police officers and they don't have to do anything, definetly don't try to out smart them becasue you will just **** them off and they will have a field day with you... Most times if you take a ticket to court, you will lose, and end up paying all of the court costs... Who is the Judge going to believe? You, a young kid? Or an older officer of the law...
To pace someone they have to use it for a pretty good distance to calculate speed. Unless they are just being rude. Radar... They have to be calibrated and have to have at least 1 certified officer department to certify it. Laser is a different story. They can certify every day. Police Officers are just like us they are good ones and... not so good. Just always be polite, its good business. if your rude to them they will make it difficult for you. Thanks to any officers out there doing your job professionaly and fairly!
Old 04-30-2006, 06:17 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Jimp and AmericanMuscle, I did lie about the tuner and the 91/87 octane thing. I didn't want to tell him the tuner makes me go faster in any way!

The manual recommends 89 octane, though.

I could've swore I was going to get pulled over earlier that day too. I was driving home from San Diego, rolling at about 80. Then I see this CHP without lights flying up behind me from about a football field away. Naturally I let off the gas and he zoomed right by me. Turns out there was a styrofoam spill that he was rushing to help out with.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:48 PM
quagmire

lol i never seen someone so happy to get a ticket
Old 04-30-2006, 06:56 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: quagmire

lol i never seen someone so happy to get a ticket
But I didn't get a ticket. That's why I'm happy.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:41 PM
firestang70
2nd Gear Member

Hey Spartan was that Ponch or John behind you. And was there any explosions at the spill. Man I love CHiPS!
Old 04-30-2006, 10:26 PM
Goliath
1st Gear Member

I was playing the role of Bar Taxi on friday night and got pulled by a State Trooper trying to fill his monthly ticket quota (4/29/06). I get pull pulled, asked to step out of the car.

"That's a nice car, I've been drooling over these since they came out"
"Thanks, I love it, this is only a 6er, pretty affordable"
"Yeah, I don't buy new cars, I can see you take care of it, which is why I'd hate to see you wreck it if you're drunk"
(field sobriety questions, appologizes for pulling me, makes a last chance to catch me being drunk w/ breathalyzer, half the legal limit)
"Alright, take care of that car, thanks for being responsible, good night"

Old 04-30-2006, 11:07 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

Jimp and AmericanMuscle, I did lie about the tuner and the 91/87 octane thing. I didn't want to tell him the tuner makes me go faster in any way!

The manual recommends 89 octane, though.

I could've swore I was going to get pulled over earlier that day too. I was driving home from San Diego, rolling at about 80. Then I see this CHP without lights flying up behind me from about a football field away. Naturally I let off the gas and he zoomed right by me. Turns out there was a styrofoam spill that he was rushing to help out with.
Read it again. The V6 and GT are both designed to run 87 octane.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:09 PM
0to60
2nd Gear Member

Lucky break, Spartan! You must have felt like a million bucks after that! I got pulled over for the first time last month. Similar situation, about 50 in a 35. Tried to "play it cool" like you did! Thought for sure I was gonna get off with just a warning on my otherwise perfect record...

Oh, well. At least he was nice enough to knock it down to a 5-over. Only 85 bucks -- just worried about my next insurance premium...

It's easy to forget how fast these babies can go.
-Tim

Quick Reply: Got Pulled Over Today.