Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Got Pulled Over Today.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 05:17 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Default Got Pulled Over Today.

Not even 1 mile away from my house.

Anyway, I'm about to turn on the first main street I pull out on every day.. now it's difficult to turn left onto this street as there's no light, and the road bends off to the right.. so it's hard to see on-coming traffic, visibility goes for about 50 yards. So, no one is coming on the left, but I see headlights on the right. There's an intersection over there, so I figure the light just turned green and a wave of commuters are about to interfere with my objective. So I pull out, and take off, only because I can. I'm going about 65MPH in a 45MPH street, and I know this place is a speed trap. I see an MR2 up ahead just crawling, so I slow down too. Didn't slow down quick enough it seems. Next thing I know there's a car about 5 feet away from my bumper, and I can barely make out the silohuette of cop lights. So I turn into the closest shopping centers to see what's up, and sure enough he follows and flips on his lights.

I pull over and quickly grab my license, registration, and insurance. First time I've ever been pulled over, but played it like a pro.

Cop: "Good evening! How ya doin?"
Me: "Good, you?"
Cop: "Good. You know why I pulled you over?"
Me: "Going a little fast?" *smirked*
Cop: "Yep, that's right. License, registration, and insurance."
Me: "Sure thing" *hand everything over*
Cop: *looks at my open glove deptarment and spots my tuner* "What's that?"
Me: "Oh, that's my tuner. It lets me run 87 octane instead of the recommended 91 octane"
Cop: "Oh? Cool, you know a lot about cars?"
Me: "oh no, just enough to make em loud" =)
Cop: "Ah okay. You don't have anything wierd in here do you?"
Me: *assuming he's talking about mods* Nope, just intake and exhaust"
Cop: "Okay, no illegal substances? Pot? Coke?"
Me: "Nope, I'm clean."
Cop: "How old are you?
Me: "19."
Cop: "Okay then, I'll be right back"

Five minutes later

Cop: "Okay, so I didn't get to clock your speed... but I know you were going over 70MPH"
Me: "...over 70MPH? Errr... don't think so"
Cop: "Okay, so 65-70MPH"
Me: "Sounds about right."
Cop: "Yeah. Well.. I'm not going to give you a ticket. Just make sure you don't drive so fast."
Me: "Sure thing!"
Cop: "This is a nice car! I'd hate to see it wrecked!"
Me: *big smile* "Thanks!"
Cop: "You have a good evening now"
Me: "You too. What's your name?"
Cop: "I'm Deputy Langsley"
Me: "Alright, thank you deputy!"

Woohoo.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:50 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Got Pulled Over Today.

Glad to hear you got a kool cop, they're out there, but it seems most of the time we get stopped by the jackholes. Congrats on getting a warming though
Old 04-30-2006, 06:17 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

haha just so you know....if he doesnt have it on the radar...he can't ticket you. if you ask to see the radar, they have to show you it, or not ticket . Just fyi.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:26 AM
93BlackNotch
2nd Gear Member

Actually that's not true, I've heard alot of myths about being pulled over, and most of them are bull****... Have you ever heard of the pace methind? I know alot of police officers and they don't have to do anything, definetly don't try to out smart them becasue you will just **** them off and they will have a field day with you... Most times if you take a ticket to court, you will lose, and end up paying all of the court costs... Who is the Judge going to believe? You, a young kid? Or an older officer of the law...
Old 04-30-2006, 06:34 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

haha just so you know....if he doesnt have it on the radar...he can't ticket you. if you ask to see the radar, they have to show you it, or not ticket . Just fyi.
They don't have to show you radar.

If I did get a ticket, and I contested it, they'd have to show that the radar was calibrated correctly.

Other than that, he could've been tailing me to find my speed, that's all he needs and his word weighs more than mine in court. You'll almost always lose in court if the officer is present.

He liked that I had my glove department open, though. He was quick to zoom in on my tuner. They'd normally need a warrant to snoop around, but I was naive, didn't have anything to hide anyway. Was really glad he liked my car though!

Without a doubt.. if I was driving a Jaguar, Lexus, BMW, Benz, etc... easy money for the city.. I would've had a ticket written out for before I even left my house.

Old 04-30-2006, 07:28 AM
whatdaproblemis0
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

They don't have to show you radar.

If I did get a ticket, and I contested it, they'd have to show that the radar was calibrated correctly.

Other than that, he could've been tailing me to find my speed, that's all he needs and his word weighs more than mine in court. You'll almost always lose in court if the officer is present.

He liked that I had my glove department open, though. He was quick to zoom in on my tuner. They'd normally need a warrant to snoop around, but I was naive, didn't have anything to hide anyway. Was really glad he liked my car though!

Without a doubt.. if I was driving a Jaguar, Lexus, BMW, Benz, etc... easy money for the city.. I would've had a ticket written out for before I even left my house.

+1 Im going to school to be a police officer and most states there are laws that do not require them to show you it under certain circumstances. However Im sure if you get put in the back of their patrol car for some reason, then you may see it.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:43 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

whew... ya caught a lucky, lucky break!
Old 04-30-2006, 09:55 AM
DragonPL
3rd Gear Member

I got a ticket but they didint clock my speed, theyd just put 'Greater than resonable speed' so Im gonna fight that in court......
Old 04-30-2006, 10:59 AM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

Either you lied to that cop or you just typed it backwards, the car runs 87 octane from the factory.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:47 PM
lmmmmm
2nd Gear Member

yeah, but the cop got him to confess to going 65mph. so he would be guilty since he gave the cop the evidence he needed from his own mouth.

anything you say to incriminate yourself goes into his book and is used against you in court.

you got a break, return the favor and slow down.

Quick Reply: Got Pulled Over Today.