Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Installed My Headers

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 01:54 AM
FearMyMatrix
1st Gear Member

Default Installed My Headers

Over the weekend I installed my Mac shorty headers. Just wanna start off by saying it was rediculous. The exhaust holes on the passenger side wouldn't line up by about a half inch or more on the bottom. I also had to use a dremel to get the headers to mount around some brackets. the dremel work was simple enough but the exhaust mount problem was a hard fought battle, to the point that I was ready to drill and tap another spot on the mount to get it to fit right, im lucky my dad offered to help me on this because it took us both pulling down HARD on the exhaust to get the bottom bolt hole to line up even with the passenger side un bolted. After a long fight and saying screw it a ton of times we finally got the exhaust mounted onto the headers and everything fell into place. All in all the car sounds extremely good (has that muscle car sound now) and I'm happy with them and hope it stays leak free, so far they are holding up good though and I'm positive that no problems will arise. So to sum this up, Mac makes great headers they just need to hire new guys to fabricate them because I'm almost certain mine were built on a friday

I will post sound clips when I find a good way to record them
Old 05-01-2006, 02:02 AM
cvz_finezt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Installed My Headers

well it's nice to know that u got them in place after that long hard battle.lol. i put my JBAs on myself and honestly, they just fell into place. and they run smooth and sound great too.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:07 AM
FearMyMatrix
1st Gear Member

yea the hole wasnt off by too much, but enough to make 2 guys fight the exhaust to get it into place. i love the way it sounds though, it was definately worth it
Old 05-01-2006, 02:18 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

wow, its funny, before anyone had headers, there was talk bout how the macs were better cuz they fit better than the jba's. nobody has had probs with the jba's that i know of, but thats the 3rd mac install that was rough. Glad you finally got them in though. My jba's went in like butter.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:23 AM
FearMyMatrix
1st Gear Member

I'm sure that mac is just a little bit off on their holes, just enough to make it to where its close enough to make you keep trying. i dunno if contacting them would do any good but im certain its a machining problem
Old 05-01-2006, 02:25 AM
cvz_finezt
2nd Gear Member

yea u might have had a bad set of headers, but at least u got them on without breaking anything.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:35 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

I had originally placed an order for MAC headers before they were even out. After hearing about all their quality control issues, I cancelled my order and went with the JBA's. My installer was very impressed with the fit and finish... they went on so easily... and, sound snazzy too!