Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 03:29 AM
MustangSally8506

Default RE: Headlights

ORIGINAL: bschwalbe

Here is a reply I received from Sylvania re: Silverstar's in H13:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your inquiry. Part H13, also known as 9008, is not currently available in a SilverStar upgrade. We have received many requests for this part in a SilverStar upgrade, but we were unable to develop this part in a SilverStar until just recently. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) wrote into the original specification for this part that the glass capsule portion of the lamp must remain a clear quartz glass. Part of upgrading a part to SilverStar is coating the capsule with an amethyst colored enamel. NHTSA had specified that we could not do that to this part. We appealed this standard through NHTSA, resulting in a change in the wording, allowing us to finally offer a SilverStar upgrade for this part, but this part is still under development. We are hoping to launch this part sometime in the late fall to early winter timeframe.

Hey thanks for the heads up... I might be able to get them for my car and my b/f can get them for his 04 f150
Old 05-08-2006, 05:56 AM
CaSh69JuE
1st Gear Member

im gettin the new headlights, they look hott, and they give the car a new look, plus you dont see many stangs with them on, and if you are going for a unique look, that might be a good way 2 go!
Old 06-11-2006, 11:23 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your inquiry. Part H13, also known as 9008, is not currently available in a SilverStar upgrade. We have received many requests for this part in a SilverStar upgrade, but we were unable to develop this part in a SilverStar until just recently. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) wrote into the original specification for this part that the glass capsule portion of the lamp must remain a clear quartz glass. Part of upgrading a part to SilverStar is coating the capsule with an amethyst colored enamel. NHTSA had specified that we could not do that to this part. We appealed this standard through NHTSA, resulting in a change in the wording, allowing us to finally offer a SilverStar upgrade for this part, but this part is still under development. We are hoping to launch this part sometime in the late fall to early winter timeframe.

Fan Frekin' tastic! I have been waiting for Silverstar bulbs for my '06 GT since I got her. I will buy them just as soon as they are released. Best bulbs I have ever used.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:38 AM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

That explains alot. I think they look sweet, but have never been able to find them. Oh how I love to spend spend spend!