Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Pony Package V6

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 09:28 AM
DragonPL
3rd Gear Member

Default Pony Package V6

Since the pony package has bigger tires and a different suspension (which BTW I cant find any info on anywhere besides the -GT inspired-) wouldint it be better performance stats than a standard V6 without it..
Old 05-02-2006, 09:33 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Pony Package V6

ORIGINAL: DragonPL

Since the pony package has bigger tires and a different suspension (which BTW I cant find any info on anywhere besides the -GT inspired-) wouldint it be better performance stats than a standard V6 without it..
HP/TQ they are both the same. Handling wise the pony package is better, and I would imaging would get slightly better times at the track stock because of the pnero's. With the GT sway bars, it will handle the twisties better than a stock V6.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:50 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

I thought the Pony package only added emblems, new grill with fogs and IUP. I was lead to believe that the suspension was the same as any onther V6, i.e. no rear sway bar. My salesman was a dumba$$ so I don't know who to believe.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:12 PM
lmmmmm
2nd Gear Member

The IUP is separate option.

The major addition for 2006 is the V6 Pony Package. the Pony Package, which is available on V6 coupe and convertible, comes standard with a new 1965 Mustang GT-inspired grille which features a traditional corral surrounding the pony and horizontal bars which lead to small chrome-trimmed grille-mounted foglamps. The Pony is the first six-cylinder Mustang in the 40+ year history of the car to come standard with 17" wheels--the same "Bullitt" wheels that were standard on the 2005 Mustang GT. The wheels, outfitted with a unique tri-bar Pony center cap, are wrapped in P235/55ZR 17-inch tires. The Pony has a new thin-thick-thin rocker panel tape stripe with "MUSTANG" lettering on the door and comes standard with a rear spoiler and GT-inspired suspension modifications featuring a larger front stabilizer bar, the addition of a rear stabilizer bar, 4-wheel disc brakes with anti-lock braking system (ABS) and traction control.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:33 PM
Jiraiya
2nd Gear Member

I don't know how definitive this is, but when I was looking up info on the Pony Package I ended up calling Ford Customer Service directly - got their number off of the official Ford Website. The guy I talked to looked up the packages and said there was nothing different about the suspension, and no rear sway bar.

Like I said, I don't know how definitive that is since he wasn't exactly a Mustang expert, but it IS straight from the horse's mouth in terms of him looking at the actual Ford documents.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:40 PM
DragonPL
3rd Gear Member

hmmm than thats false advertising saying it has something it doesent.....
Old 05-02-2006, 08:45 PM
sn8kbit

I can tell you with 100% surety that the Pony Package that I happen to own has a rear swaybar. Installing the rear springs last night required that in addition to unbolting the lower rear shock bolts, we had to unbolt the upper rear swaybar endlink to fully drop the rear axle to remove/install the springs. I don't think that my particular car is a fluke, so one would assume all the Pony Package cars have one.

S
Old 05-03-2006, 02:54 AM
Jiraiya
2nd Gear Member

Cool sn8kbit, that's one more thing for me to look forward to - I was kind of down when the Ford guy told me that it didn't have the sway bar but I ordered the Pony Package anyway. I'll definitely take the word of an actual owner over a customer service guy any day.