Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

First Mod in.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 11:11 AM
tino
I ♥ Acer

Default First Mod in.....

Ijust installed my first MOD, predator tune (87 octane).

Results......

Much much much much stronger 4 and 5 gear acceleration.
Immediate power between shifts.
drove 100 miles no drop on gas consumption..... yeah!!
in moderate highway traffic..... low RPM..... and in 5th gear, just a tap to the acc brings the power on instantly (no downsifting or running in 4th)

Scary moment...

I had to cycle the ingnition for five minutes after install .....my car when into "engine fail safe mode" and would not come out of it.......
on the 15th cycle it reseted fine and no issues since.

My opinion to those thinking about it.......

Do It!!!!! it is worth it, the car has considerably more power and I got rid off my "slow to rev" 5th gear.

Next MOD

AEM Brute Force CAI (been told it is crappy but was part of the package buy..... and .... I can not be any worse that the original air box!!

Old 05-09-2006, 02:51 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: First Mod in.....

Can you give some details like where you bought it and the price. How many tunes did it come with? After you get the CAI installed can you post how many miles you got out of a full tank of gas. These are some of my biggest concerns before getting a CAI for my stang.

Did you stay calm during your scary moment. I probably would have ripped out the dash. LOL
Old 05-09-2006, 05:12 PM
tino
I ♥ Acer

I tried to keep calm......

Oh God!!!! the ECU is fried!!!!! [:@] [:@] [:@] (I had cold sweat running down my forehead)

I bougth it at RPM Outlet as part of a package...... along with the CAI and some pulleys.....

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/05v6predator.htm

The going price is about $399 online just about everywhere. It comes with 2 tunes one for 87 and one for 91 octane, plus it will save your factory tune.
Here is the link to the manual for it ....

http://www.diablosport.com/index.php...#documentation

I drive 100 + miles everyday, so I just installed the 87octane tune. The coolest thing is that it lets you control a whole bunch of stuff, along with dataloging your sensor readings for over an hour, the results can be exported to a PC / laptop for review. Once I know what the heck I am doing I'll be able to tweak the tune if needed.

I'll record my normal mileage comsumption for a few days to get a medium MPG and then I plan to install the CAI to see the difference (I'll post my finding here).
Old 05-09-2006, 07:20 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

Sweet!
Old 05-11-2006, 11:37 AM
tino
I ♥ Acer

Installed my AEM Brute force CAI and I can't really tell a difference in additional HP.... although my car sounds better.

In combination with the predator 87 octane tune... my MPG has gone up to 29 from 26!!!!! driving conservatively (60MPH avg).

I did notice however, that in bumper to bumper traffic the MPG deteriorates considarable....(I have no measurement to compare the drop to the drop from before the Mod's)......

So the final review... If you have an easy commute the combination seems to be a winner!!!!, and all the mods are smog legal according to the Mfg.

I think some of the other CAI promise more power but look out for emmissions......(I can not back this argument, just saying beware)