Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

DISSAPPOINTED

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 08:58 AM
chadlet
2nd Gear Member

Default DISSAPPOINTED

Just wanted to let you all know how dissappointed I am in my stock 2006 mustang, 4.0 V6 auto. I know that street racing is bad and shouldnt be done but it wasnt much a race anyway. Last night at 3:00 a.m after working over 4 hours i was totally embarresed [] by a stock 2003 GRAND AM GT. I know it has ram air and all but come on a grand am. I wasnt even trying to race. I work with the guy so at the stop sign after he left i got on it thinking i would just pass him, ha i thought wrong, after get about half way arouond i look in my passenger mirror and notice he is still there and then he continues to leave me by three car lengths all why my car is floored from the stop sign. WTF gives, I never thought i would be paying extra for car insurance just for the looks of a car and not the performance, but in my mind my car is a lead slead. SLUG POS[:@][:@]
Old 05-13-2006, 09:44 AM
V6Vert
1st Gear Member

Default RE: DISSAPPOINTED

Ouch, that does kinda hurt. Don't be too hard on your car though, cuz yours definitly beats the grand am in the looks department. I'm not big on numbers or rather don't know much about numbers, but I too would have thought you could have taken a grand am, gt or not. Are you sure he's stock? Better luck next time,
Old 05-13-2006, 10:11 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Man it's the tranny in those auto' man im tellin ya. You only got like 170hp at the rear wheel stock!!![:'(] Get a intake and find a guy who will sell you a SCT and dyno tune it on the dyno for about $650. YOu can mess around with your shift points and make them more firm. ( make them shift more like a mustang then a caddi) lol Don't be so hard on your self man. You just haft to put some money your car, into a tuner and have them mess with the shift points. More people here can tell more about it, I have manual so I couldn't mess with my shift points. I got 10HP and 10tq gain to the wheels with just the tune. Get a decent exhaust too and you should hold your ground. There is always tlock and gears, suspension for better firmer take offs. It go's on and on. Im bout to get the procharger 7psi set up.

Good Luck
Old 05-13-2006, 11:49 AM
Deleted User
I ♥ Acer

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-13-2006, 12:03 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Come on... you bought a V6 to race? There are TONS of cars out there that are faster. And you are faster than many tons of other cars. You have a car that is faster than 80% of the vehicles on the road, and, unfortunately, slower than 20%. A CAI and tune will help.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:11 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chadlet

Just wanted to let you all know how dissappointed I am in my stock 2006 mustang, 4.0 V6 auto. I know that street racing is bad and shouldnt be done but it wasnt much a race anyway. Last night at 3:00 a.m after working over 4 hours i was totally embarresed [] by a stock 2003 GRAND AM GT. I know it has ram air and all but come on a grand am. I wasnt even trying to race. I work with the guy so at the stop sign after he left i got on it thinking i would just pass him, ha i thought wrong, after get about half way arouond i look in my passenger mirror and notice he is still there and then he continues to leave me by three car lengths all why my car is floored from the stop sign. WTF gives, I never thought i would be paying extra for car insurance just for the looks of a car and not the performance, but in my mind my car is a lead slead. SLUG POS[:@][:@]

wow... his 1st post he comes in here calling our car's POS.... hmmmm... trolling??? LOL!

On the off chance your not a Troll.... Call Alternative Auto (www.alternativeauto.com) first thing Monday morning (586.463.0010) and order a SCT X-Cal2. This will fix your problems... you see the problem with the automatic is it has a Torque Limiter so you do not get the full potential of the 4.0L in first gear.. For $400 it will make a night and day difference in your car... If you feel that your POS is not worth an extra $400, then go trade it in on a Grand Am... LOL
Old 05-13-2006, 12:18 PM
StickDriver
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

wow... his 1st post he comes in here calling our car's POS.... hmmmm... trolling??? LOL!

On the off chance your not a Troll.... Call Alternative Auto (www.alternativeauto.com) first thing Monday morning (586.463.0010) and order a SCT X-Cal2. This will fix your problems... you see the problem with the automatic is it has a Torque Limiter so you do not get the full potential of the 4.0L in first gear.. For $400 it will make a night and day difference in your car... If you feel that your POS is not worth an extra $400, then go trade it in on a Grand Am... LOL
+1
Old 05-13-2006, 02:03 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

yep... I'll echo what others have said... at the very least, get yourself an SCT X-cal 2... Lideo is great... so is Doug at Bamachips. It'll truly wake up your ride and let it drive like it should have from the factory. If you can afford it, spring for a combo package and get either a C&L or Tunable Induction intake. Install these two things and your once stock POS will be putting a wide grin on your face.

btw... the v6 grand am gt does 0-60 in about 7.8...about a second slower than the 4.0L Mustang. They should have nothing on us... the one you raced probably wasn't stock.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:08 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

Scrming's right....big suprise there.

Once the throttle delay is gone, you will swear its a different car. And Lidio is a magician with the autos. You won't think its a wimpy auto after he is done with it.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:43 PM
pastor_ice43
2nd Gear Member

even though they should....v6 Stangs don't lead in the 6 cy HP department...IMO it should be the fastest V6 on the road. Anyhoo....just a list of cars that would win in a race....Mazda RX-8 (manual), Toyota Camrey, Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, Pontiac Solstice GXP, Saturn Sky Redline, Saturn ION Redline.....there are pleanty of others. Don't get me wrong, i love my car, but i will upgrade to a GT

Quick Reply: DISSAPPOINTED