Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Going to be buying a C&L and tune from Bamachips, but....

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 07:49 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Going to be buying a C&L and tune from Bamachips, but....

definetly email or call him.

Bamachips@gmail.com
Old 05-15-2006, 08:40 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: zorminster

Hmm, glad i popped into this thread, its raised a couple questions for me about the tuner.

Let me know if im understanding this correctly first:
When you purchase it, they store 3 preset tunes onto the tuner (you supply parameters and they set it up optimally)
When it gets here, you can flip in between those 3 tunes by simply reflashing whenever you want.

Now the questions its raised:
Will the tuner hold more tunes? Or will i have to delete one and replace it once i start modding and have a shop help me setup new tunes?
Yes, it holds three tunes. If you do some major mods you'll want new tunes.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:54 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Will the tuner hold more tunes? Or will i have to delete one and replace it once i start modding and have a shop help me setup new tunes?
The X-cal 2 holds 3 tunes, total. You'll have to delete one... or the dyno shop can just make adjustments to one of them.

Doug will also update tunes for minor mods, like most bolt-ons. Ya might have to pay for a supercharger tune... not sure. Say, if you get gears, he can just send you new tunes via email. Or, if you're like me and on a Mac, you can just mail him back the X-cal and he'll update it for $10 (that's just for the return shipping).
Old 05-16-2006, 11:29 AM
User 113021
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

The X-cal 2 holds 3 tunes, total. You'll have to delete one... or the dyno shop can just make adjustments to one of them.

Doug will also update tunes for minor mods, like most bolt-ons. Ya might have to pay for a supercharger tune... not sure. Say, if you get gears, he can just send you new tunes via email. Or, if you're like me and on a Mac, you can just mail him back the X-cal and he'll update it for $10 (that's just for the return shipping).
Well that's cool. Really nice of him.