Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

First impressions of CAI and Tune [updated x2]

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 03:24 AM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: First impressions of CAI and Tune [updated x2]

Cool Blazen thanks for all the updates...so overall was it well worth the money or no? Are you like WHOA this is the greatest thing since naked Martian chics...or just like "it's ok"
Old 05-23-2006, 03:40 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Oh don't get me wrong I love it. I'd buy the whole thing over again. I'm just trying to give everybody looking at doing this my experience. My summary of all this would be that the with the CAI & 87 tune on my manual transmission It is a HUGE difference over stock...throttle response is greatly improved and there is definatley more torque. The 91 tune is also an improvement just over the 87 tune, but It is mainly noticed on the highway, not light to light driving under 40 MPH. It is great either way!! To those looking at other tuners I can't speak to them. They are probably just as good. Those of you with an Auto trans will probably notice even more especially since (if I remember correctly) you just have 4 gears, and it downshifts automatically for you. Part of your tune adjusts when and how you trans shifts for you.

So my advice if you are one the fence about this...Do It!! It's money well spent. And for my money I am very happy with the Xcal2 and Dougs Tunes from Bamachips.com. So quit reading and order allready

LOL

Scott
Old 05-23-2006, 08:45 AM
NewStangDude
1st Gear Member

No your not wasting your time, your helping those of us thinking about this mod. Good write up. It sounds as though you are well pleased with your investment based on your comments. I too was wondering if there would be a noticable difference from the 87 tune to the 91 or 93. My car has an auto tranny and if the 87 tune eliminates, or nearly eliminates the torque lag in first gear, and the performance is improved across the rpm range then I'm signing up. And I know this tuner is made more for performance, and therefore the right foot gets more of a workout (at least initially), but once the euphoria has worn off, do you expect any increase in mileage? Anyone seen their mpg go up? Down? No change?
Old 05-23-2006, 10:29 AM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

I agree with Blazen351's assessment. I actual have the 91 tune and you can't tell a huge difference between 87 and 91 until you get to higher your higher gears. One thing with the C&L and SCT is that the whole car just runs better; easier to shift, more consistent idle and acceleration is awesome. I am thankful that I read all the info on this forum and made a great decision for my car and driving pleasure. Plus, it looks pretty bad a** when you open the hood and show people.

[IMG]local://upfiles/32397/0D7AFB7294784A388E448EE7BC49E661.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/32397/1B4FC18CF3D84398B490640CD29866F0.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-23-2006, 05:30 PM
chidrock
2nd Gear Member

Hey Teacherman, you have an auto, so the results will be MUCH better for you. It will remap your shift points and it will give you more power throughout the band. The gas pedal will be more solid & responsive - you will feel the car responsiveness improve so much. I got mine, and I'm extremely happy, and I've just been using the 87 performance tune so far. You should definitely go for it; it's worth it! It really opens up the car and makes it what it should be...
Old 05-23-2006, 05:43 PM
Dats1NiceMustang
2nd Gear Member

Thanks blazen for the info and keeping us informed man keep up the good work
Old 05-23-2006, 06:42 PM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chidrock

Hey Teacherman, you have an auto, so the results will be MUCH better for you. It will remap your shift points and it will give you more power throughout the band. The gas pedal will be more solid & responsive - you will feel the car responsiveness improve so much. I got mine, and I'm extremely happy, and I've just been using the 87 performance tune so far. You should definitely go for it; it's worth it! It really opens up the car and makes it what it should be...

Awesome, thanks man. That is good to know....and yes Blazen should get his Props for what he is doing for us. Very cool Blazen. Rounds are on me [sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Old 05-23-2006, 07:17 PM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Aww you guys are going to make me blush. Ok well maybe not quite, but thanks LOL

I just know that with all the reading I was doing to pick out my tuner and from who, I kept thinking it would be nice to hear more about a person's specific feelings on there's performance afterwards rather than just "it was cool" "so and so rules" "nu uh, my guy rules" LOL you know the ones.

Old 05-23-2006, 08:55 PM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

By the way Blazen I have been meaning to ask you. You know that profile pic of yours right? Ever just dress up like that and cruise around that way? Just have your windows down and pretend as though nothing is out of the ordinary. In fact, beep the horn when at a red light and ask the car's driver next to you "Hey man, do you know where hell is at?" all casual like. BETTER YET!! Cruise around like that and act all hard core with a mean face, only BLAIR that Barbie Girl song!!
Old 05-23-2006, 09:04 PM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

LMAO! YES! I have. It was a few days before halloween and I was headed to a party. I had all sorts of people staring at me, I had one guy take off like a bat out of hell when he saw me. It's fun being juvenile.

I need to try it in the middle of July or something though and see what happens. I think I'll just blast some old school spice girls if I ever do it...LMAO!

Quick Reply: First impressions of CAI and Tune [updated x2]