Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

The COOLest thing happened tonight

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 01:58 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Default The COOLest thing happened tonight

First off sorry to be so completely off topic with this one, but I know that some of you will appreciate this...

So I go to leave my brothers house tonight and head the 20 or 30 miles or so home. Anyways I pull on to the highway that heads out of town, and pass these two old CHERRY chevy's (sorry but I don't know exactly what kinds) I'm checking there cars out as I pass and they both smile and wave at me, so I wave back. At this point I'm thinking a couple of buddies just out cruisin around there show cars...then I come up on a sweet 67ish Camaro, red with black racing stripes and it sounds awesome. I pass him and keep going the whole way he is in the other lane just behind me. Well we come up to this other town about 5 miles outside of my brothers town, and pulling up to the stop light what do I see. Right in front me is an old thunderbird, next to me is a studebaker, in front of the studebaker is an old chevy belair in front of that was a freaking Nomad! ALL of these cars were just flat cherry. So I'm not only drooling, but also feeling a little out of place. Anyways I look over at the Studebaker next to me again, and he and his passenger are freaking checking MY car out! Approvingly! I couldn't tell completely what they were saying, but I made out something about "the new Mustang" and "nice lines" they see me looking and wave at me so I wave back.So after that I started feeling less out of place. anyways the light turns green and the speed limit quickly gets up to 65 and I am cruising in the middle of this pack of fine classic rides. Now generally I don't like being in a cluster f**k of traffic, but this time it was just too freakin cool. We all just cruised down the highway for 10 miles or so before I had to turn off to head my way. I don't know if my typed words can truly convey how cool it was. I had tingles!

Anyways, I just had to share my experience with you all.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:50 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: The COOLest thing happened tonight

love all those beautiful classics... we're about the old modern car that would fit in with that bunch... great experience!
Old 05-21-2006, 02:55 AM
67Sally
4th Gear Member

The 05-06 Stang's have been called and instant classic by a lot of people so I doubt you looked too out of place. If those would have all been Fords it would sound like a Ford commercial. Was there a show going on somewhere around you that they were heading to?
Old 05-21-2006, 03:26 AM
AWalls

These cars realy are attention getters. Just tonight I got a walk up complement fron a 75 yr old gentleman outside of the place I was eating. He stated how nice my car looked and sounded and then started on about his old mustang he had as a younger man.....pretty cool

[IMG]local://upfiles/37918/65B02D16F52546908197AAAA468985A2.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-21-2006, 12:16 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

I get all "tingely" too when I'm around classic cars. When I go to car shows it feels like Im a kid in a candy store -I want that one, no that one! LOL
Old 05-21-2006, 07:21 PM
tncruiser
3rd Gear Member

our cars are like our children never to young (new) to take to a car show
Old 05-21-2006, 09:32 PM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 67Sally

Was there a show going on somewhere around you that they were heading to?
I'm thinking there must have been. Last night was the last night of River Festival (9 day annual party) here in wichita. and the dirrection they were heading would have taken them into downtown Wichita where the festival is located. I don't know if that was it or if they were all just leaving from a car show...or maybe they all just showed up to give me a cool story lol...doubt it lol