Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 01:05 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Mods

Looking...I thought there was a post on this..let me see what I can find...
ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: ricanpassion

To a certain extent, I agree...but if the duals are done correctly...u can see a perfomance gain and if combined with a CAI/tune...

On a NA car I don't see duals as "bang for the buck" material. Not from a performance perspective. A single axleback on NA will yeild the same gains. Now for looks and sound, the duals are definitely high up on the list. Just my opinion.
I haven't seen a dyno or time slip yet to prove this on a NA car. Don't get me wrong, I love my duals, and on this one, I would love to see otherwise. Do you have some information on this to share, perhaps dynos or slips?
Old 05-24-2006, 01:07 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

To a certain extent, I agree...but if the duals are done correctly...u can see a perfomance gain and if combined with a CAI/tune...

On a NA car I don't see duals as "bang for the buck" material. Not from a performance perspective. A single axleback on NA will yeild the same gains. Now for looks and sound, the duals are definitely high up on the list. Just my opinion.
I haven't seen a dyno or time slip yet to prove this on a NA car. Don't get me wrong, I love my duals, and on this one, I would love to see otherwise. Do you have some information on this to share, perhaps dynos or slips?
Thanks man. I did a post on Y vs. X on the dyno, difference was 2HP in favor of the X. But on a dynojet, 2HP can be attributed to anything.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:08 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

+1...yeah I remember that...(checking on othe boards as well)

Thanks man. I did a post on Y vs. X on the dyno, difference was 2HP in favor of the X. But on a dynojet, 2HP can be attributed to anything.