Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Gas Tank Fill-up Woes...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 12:00 AM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Gas Tank Fill-up Woes...

ORIGINAL: LisaJ429

I guess I'll try pulling out and going back in.
^nothing wrong with hitting it twice -
Wow! I have a real dirty mind! LOL
Old 05-26-2006, 12:01 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

carefull u might get arrested for Pump f*cking ur car

i have a 2006 and have never had the problem with it stopping. The only problem I have had is it doesn't go up to fill right away.

Old 05-26-2006, 04:29 PM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Wicked Pony

Wow! I have a real dirty mind! LOL
you got the point exactly...LOL
Old 05-26-2006, 05:26 PM
RedDragon

I just got back from the dealer on this issue. As long as I don't pull the trigger of the pump back all of the way, it seems to fill up just fine. First click only. Takes forever to fill, but it works.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:38 PM
JesseMustang

I took my car in for that problem. It was getting so bad there was only certain gas stations I could go to that would get the job done. You see here in Oregon it’s illegal for you to pump your own gas. So instead I got some high school kid confused as hell and not trying anything just clicking it on and off. I got this gas station about 2 miles from my home (Shell) where they actually adjust the nozzle till it works.
Oh by the way since my car is a 06 it was covered. They replaced the blow valves (something like that?) and it’s better (not all the way fixed but better). They also would speak to the ford engineer about the problem. Considering it falls under the “lemon†law and from what I heard a few peeps have taken that angle. I love my ford way to much for that crap, I just want gas!
Old 05-26-2006, 05:46 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JesseMustang
Considering it falls under the “lemon†law and from what I heard a few peeps have taken that angle.
JUST for that?! Not that I'm questioning you, personally, but I bought my 'Stang after being reacquired by Ford under lemon law and your eyes would pop out of your head if I showed you the list of everything that was replaced prior to Ford even considering repurchasing the vehicle. My understanding is that the manufacturer and dealer have a fair amount of lee-way in fixing problems before they're required, by law, to take the vehicle back.

I'd really have a hard time believing that this is such a problem, or that this is such a hard fix for Ford, that it would fall subject to lemon laws. (more me thinking out loud than calling you out)
Old 05-26-2006, 06:44 PM
JesseMustang

I honestly have no clue how many cases or even if it’s true. I am telling you what mechanic manager was telling me. How our tanks sit funny and the way they were designed was bad. He said that some people have filed a lemon law suite due to not being able to get gas like a normal person. Oh and the lemon law applies to several aspects of vehicle ownership. Crap if I kept taking my car in for this same problem and it’s still not resolved (which it isn’t) I could claim a suite against ford. They have three chances to fix the same problem. I know that much is true.
Again it’s a pain in the butt, but I love my mustang way to much too even consider something like that.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:15 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JesseMustang

I honestly have no clue how many cases or even if it’s true. I am telling you what mechanic manager was telling me. How our tanks sit funny and the way they were designed was bad.
Hey, that's cool. I was just thinking that's a very minor issue compared to transmission problems, differential problems, electrical problems...and then you have this issue (which was on my list), issues with the paint finish...

That's just "generally" what is on that list. It's really far more detailed than that (i.e., there were like three issues with the differential, alone). The rocker stripe delete was on the list too...so I know they outlined literally every detail of work done.

Like I said, that post was more me thinking out loud, than calling you or your information into question.

Again it’s a pain in the butt, but I love my mustang way to much too even consider something like that.
Absolutely NO disagreement from me there!!!