Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My ford dealer is....no good

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 07:02 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Default My ford dealer is....no good

Nothing worse then my local for deal being no help to me ever....I went down for some touch up paint and told them the color of my car and they said they cant find the part number from just the color. So the guy there tells me to go look at the sticker on the inside of my door to get the body pain code...G2...ok so i tell him the number and...guess what..they dont have it....so he said he can get it to me by tomorrow afternoon for 12 bux...i figured what the hell and said ok...

Then i asked the guy if i can get the plastic fasteners that hold the rocker panels on and he said they only come with the rocker as a kit...im like wtf..u guys are tellin my you dont have boxes of those layin around??? hes like nope (in a very arrogent voice)...i hate them...................so can come one point me in the right direction for those fasteners..a body shop or a place to order them cause i may need some. Thanks
Old 05-25-2006, 07:48 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: My for dealer is....no good

ORIGINAL: NickSezz

Nothing worse then my local for deal being no help to me ever....I went down for some touch up paint and told them the color of my car and they said they cant find the part number from just the color. So the guy there tells me to go look at the sticker on the inside of my door to get the body pain code...G2...ok so i tell him the number and...guess what..they dont have it....so he said he can get it to me by tomorrow afternoon for 12 bux...i figured what the hell and said ok...

Then i asked the guy if i can get the plastic fasteners that hold the rocker panels on and he said they only come with the rocker as a kit...im like wtf..u guys are tellin my you dont have boxes of those layin around??? hes like nope (in a very arrogent voice)...i hate them...................so can come one point me in the right direction for those fasteners..a body shop or a place to order them cause i may need some. Thanks
You know what? Try another dealer.

I had a problem with my last car - this little snap-on piece broke off the dashboard (one of the clips snapped off). So, I go to a local dealer to see if they had the part. The dude tells me, "well, if you leave this with me, I'll give you a call when I get it in." So, I wait about three weeks, and no call. I called them and the guy says, "I forgot your number, and anyways, I couldn't find the part." I went back to pick up the part and asked for some of that black, super-sticky adhesive (kind of like super-sticky-tack), and he says that they don't have that. To make matters worse (and more confusing) these I only knew these two guys as "Alex" and "The Boss."

I went to another dealer, a little further away. The dude in the parts department there does like three clicks with the mouse, turns the monitor toward me and says, "Is that the part?" Sure enough, it was. A $14 piece. Then, he leans over and gives me about a one-foot length of the black adhesive - WITHOUT me even asking, and says "here, this will do until we get this part in tomorrow or the day after."

I changed my opinion about the local dealer after they canned "the boss" and "Alex" and have some really cool folks - who know their stuff - working there now. Still...if you can reasonably do it, I'd suggest trying another dealer.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:27 PM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

the day i took delivery of my car, my salesman told me that he would put in an order for a touch up paint for my car..he called me when it came it and i didn't pay anything.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:43 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LisaJ429

the day i took delivery of my car, my salesman told me that he would put in an order for a touch up paint for my car..he called me when it came it and i didn't pay anything.

thanks....lol