Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Turbonator rofl

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 10:37 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Turbonator rofl

ORIGINAL: thatstang

To a point, he is kind of correct. What that "turbowaster" does is swirls the incoming air and supposedly creates better flow. Well, by restricting the incoming air and creating a swirl it does improve low end performance on some vehicles and takes away from the top. Think of it as a 2 stage intake system without the second stage. I do feel improvement in my van and can actually spin tires with that "turbowaser" in vs without one I can only chirp. For our cars it would be a total waste for sure.
funny that you mention a van also... maybe it's a van thing? LOL
Old 05-25-2006, 10:40 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Turbonator rofl

ORIGINAL: scrming

ORIGINAL: thatstang

To a point, he is kind of correct. What that "turbowaster" does is swirls the incoming air and supposedly creates better flow. Well, by restricting the incoming air and creating a swirl it does improve low end performance on some vehicles and takes away from the top. Think of it as a 2 stage intake system without the second stage. I do feel improvement in my van and can actually spin tires with that "turbowaser" in vs without one I can only chirp. For our cars it would be a total waste for sure.
funny that you mention a van also... maybe it's a van thing? LOL
is it possible that van modification and perfromance vans will be the next big thing...?