Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

4.5 stroke questions

Old 05-27-2006, 11:13 PM
06mustang
1st Gear Member

Default 4.5 stroke questions

granted nothing is known about the elusive 4.5 stroker except to say that it will eventually find its way to our motors. i did alot of math and at first i thought it was only possible to stroke the motor to 4.4. im glad that i was almost on the mark with my estimations. the one thing that i am wondering though, is what the HP and TQ will be. the saying holds true that "there is no replacement for displacement" i have got to guess that stroking the block will put out a few extra HP but a significant amount of TQ. i am figuring that it would yield roughly 250 -260 HP but 280-290ish TQ. maybe i am playing it on the side of caution but i also may be WAY off on my guess. what do you guys think this bad boy will bring when it comes to the masses?! i wanna know what you all think cuz once i go deploy and get back... this kit will be in my motor and i will make quite a few v8's worry.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:50 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 4.5 stroke questions

i think that your numbers may close when it comes the the flywheel, but in truth, i dont think that it will do much, maybe like 230rwhp

....or maybe it is just me being pessimistic about this car...lol

but, i do think that this motor plus some mode of f/i will make one fast 6er
Old 05-28-2006, 12:03 AM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

By increasing the displacement of the 4.0 up to 4.4 or 4.5 litres, you should gain 40-60 horsepower at the rear wheel, I would imagine it would be right at 40. Doing a new tune, CAI, plus exhaust, and you'd see another 30-40. So I'd say there's the chance of having this engine putting out around 250-275 rwhp. I would just make sure that the fuel system is upgraded also.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:33 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

the 4.4/4.5 i plan on building will probably only put out 200rwhp, but it will be running 8.1:1 CR. Throw 20 lbs of boost on that, and ill be around 500rwhp (and yes, thats my intent)

im sure you can get a 4.5 built with a 10:1 CR and completel upgrade the intake and exhaust and fual systems, and put damn near 280rwhp out on that thing (with P&P heads and cams maybe even over 300rwhp)
Old 05-28-2006, 12:45 AM
06mustang
1st Gear Member

i honestly think that once i get this stroker kit i will either keep the stock compression or lower half a digit. for possible duty with forced induction. explaining this to my friend it became clear to me that it honestly JUST MITE BE POSSIBLE to hit damn close to 300 with no power adders. obviously for that 2 happen i would have to do more stuff like match port, and get a bigger throttle body, tune, shorty headers and true duals. but lets just say that for arguement sakes i have all that now and then just add the stroker then... 300 starts to sounds prettya attainable. im trying to think possitive on this cuz i told the wife i wanted 250 all wheel HP and anything else was just kudos. wouldnt be bad if the kudos was an extra 50 or even 75 over what i stated to her.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:16 AM
chipschwab
2nd Gear Member

Where is this stroker kit you guys are talking about?
Old 05-28-2006, 01:18 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

there isnt one yet, but supersixmotorsports.com is working on one as well as moranav6racing.com (http://www.moranav6racing.com/catego...?CategoryID=32)

the morana one is much cheaper, as supersix wanted over 8k for a forged 4.5 block. maybe they will be cheaper when they actually start making them.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:21 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06mustang

i honestly think that once i get this stroker kit i will either keep the stock compression or lower half a digit. for possible duty with forced induction. explaining this to my friend it became clear to me that it honestly JUST MITE BE POSSIBLE to hit damn close to 300 with no power adders. obviously for that 2 happen i would have to do more stuff like match port, and get a bigger throttle body, tune, shorty headers and true duals. but lets just say that for arguement sakes i have all that now and then just add the stroker then... 300 starts to sounds prettya attainable. im trying to think possitive on this cuz i told the wife i wanted 250 all wheel HP and anything else was just kudos. wouldnt be bad if the kudos was an extra 50 or even 75 over what i stated to her.
250awhp? thatll take a lot of work... haha.
now 250rwhp tahts doable with the 4.0 block im sure. P&P, cams, full bolton, and upgraded fuel system its probably doable. we've seen 213rwhp with just boltons on 91 pump gas. so another 37rwhp seems doable with P&P and cams.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:30 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fazm

ORIGINAL: 06mustang

250awhp? thatll take a lot of work... haha.
now 250rwhp tahts doable with the 4.0 block im sure. P&P, cams, full bolton, and upgraded fuel system its probably doable. we've seen 213rwhp with just boltons on 91 pump gas. so another 37rwhp seems doable with P&P and cams.

yeah, cams would be nice....
Old 05-28-2006, 02:30 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

mmm... 4.5L stroker with an X-charger..... now that would be awfully fun!

:::blink blink::: ok... out of my fantasy land LOL

So, how much labor would be involved in the stroker kit? $3500 + install = ?

It would be so nice to stay NA with the option of later throwing on a supercharger.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4.5 stroke questions