Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

stripes

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 08:27 PM
kevinb
1st Gear Member

Default RE: stripes

I purchased my stripes from auto trim design and used one of their recommended installers in my area. I paid a total of about $425 which included stripe kit and installation and couldn't be happier. Rather than ordering the stripes directly myself and trying to find an installer, I called the installer and let him order them. If someone's looking for stripes, I can recommend Auto Trim Design stuff.

Auto Trim Design

Stang Graphics
Old 06-02-2006, 07:01 PM
TempleOfDog

ORIGINAL: RMGraphics

The new Mustangs are a lot harder to stripe than the older ones. I was really suprised at how difficult they are to install. I have done many 99-04 Mustangs and when I bought my 06 GT I thought it would be a breeze. there are some sections that it is better to slice them together to make them look right. If you don't then you have to use a heat gun to stretch the vinyl. Once you do that the edges don't look as straight and the life of the vinyl is decreased. One idea for you, take the stripes to a local graphics shop and have them space them for you and put the transfer tape on them. you may get some better luck with another store installing them or even attempt it yourself.
+1

Everyone I have talked to says that the 05-06 Mustangs are harder to install and that it is better to get precut stripes rather than just a roll of 10 inch stripes. One of the things I am going to look into is go to a place that speacializes in Ricer type vehicles, Since they do so many graphics they are probably better at installing them. Good luck and post pics if or when you get them put on.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:19 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

damn lol, my guy im getting them by sed "well the vynil is gonna run u 120 for the square footage u need, and it will take me about 2 hours to comlente cutting and installing, but ill do it for... 150? that sound ok,???", im like "HELL YAH!" LOL i see now im gonna get a good deal... when he has to time to do it....................... been waiting for AGES

Pauly
Old 06-03-2006, 11:09 PM
JimC

Kevinb -- Thanks for the link this has the style of stripe I've been wanting for my vert. I didn't see a link on their site however to find their recommended installers. Did I just miss the link to that?

ORIGINAL: kevinb

I purchased my stripes from auto trim design and used one of their recommended installers in my area. I paid a total of about $425 which included stripe kit and installation and couldn't be happier. Rather than ordering the stripes directly myself and trying to find an installer, I called the installer and let him order them. If someone's looking for stripes, I can recommend Auto Trim Design stuff.

Auto Trim Design

Stang Graphics