Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Got my updated X-cal back!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 11:19 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Default Got my updated X-cal back!

I just received my updated X-cal 2 back from Bamachips. Doug restored my end user adjustability (I don't have access to a Windows machine anymore). And, by my request, he replaced the 92 octane torque tune with a 92 octane race tune! If all goes well, I'll be heading back to the track this Friday or Saturday.

But, I'm itchin' to just try out the tune! Think a race tune is going to be safe for a bit of around town driving, until I can find a nice, deserted backroad?
Old 06-05-2006, 11:20 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Got my updated X-cal back!

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

I just received my updated X-cal 2 back from Bamachips. Doug restored my end user adjustability (I don't have access to a Windows machine anymore). And, by my request, he replaced the 92 octane torque tune with a 92 octane race tune! If all goes well, I'll be heading back to the track this Friday or Saturday.

But, I'm itchin' to just try out the tune! Think a race tune is going to be safe for a bit of around town driving, until I can find a nice, deserted backroad?
Right on, I bet you shave off at least 2/10's off your time.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:22 PM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

Just out of curiosity what is the diff between a race tune and a torque tune? My guess is that Torque tune is for real short slam on the gas and stop type stuff? And the race tune is for overall performance? Yes? No? Teacherman=clueless?
Old 06-05-2006, 11:25 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: teacherman

Just out of curiosity what is the diff between a race tune and a torque tune? My guess is that Torque tune is for real short slam on the gas and stop type stuff? And the race tune is for overall performance? Yes? No? Teacherman=clueless?
I just know the torque tune provides more torque/hp down low, while sacrificing some hp at the top end of the rpm band. I'm pretty sure the race tune is built off the performance tune... doug says the performance tune is good at the track and for around town driving. The race tune should have firmer shift points.

Rygen... I would love to see a 2/10's difference! That would put me in the 14.5's with an auto! I'll do my best!
Old 06-05-2006, 11:26 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

TQ tune is great for stop light to stop light seat of your pants feel. When I had Dougs tune, it was the tune I used for my daily drive. Performance tune is geared for the top end, max MPH. So, to translate for when you hit the track:

-TQ Tune: 1/8 Mile Track
-Perf Tune: 1/4 Mile Track

For long distance drives, I would use the performance tune. Also, I got a 9.6 on the 1/8th with Dougs Performance tune. I never got a chance to try out his TQ tune at the 1/8th.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:35 PM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

Cool, thanks guys....Rygen, are you no longer using a bamachips tune? Just asking....
ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

TQ tune is great for stop light to stop light seat of your pants feel. When I had Dougs tune, it was the tune I used for my daily drive. Performance tune is geared for the top end, max MPH. So, to translate for when you hit the track:

For long distance drives, I would use the performance tune. Also, I got a 9.6 on the 1/8th with Dougs Performance tune. I never got a chance to try out his TQ tune at the 1/8th.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:39 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Cool, thanks guys....Rygen, are you no longer using a bamachips tune? Just asking....
ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

I was using it for NA track runs and street when I was setup for juice, and using Excessive for when I sip the juice. I spoke to Doug about taking a wack at tuning the Nitrous, but then the Turbo came and now I run PH tunes on my car.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:04 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

[sm=smiley4.gif] turns into this [sm=yikesomg.gif]
Old 06-06-2006, 01:00 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

I asked Doug if the race tune was safe for some street use...

[Yes, you can use it just be mindful of the throttle as it maybe a bit much for the street. The timing and fuel are the same as the Performance so it is still safe for daily driving.]

I'll try it out later tonight and let you know what I think.