Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What... the hell?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 01:00 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What... the hell?!

ORIGINAL: Erdrickk

silly people. I have a few cops as friends and they do that to check if you are wearing your seatbelt.
"For your safety," of course. Yeah, blind drivers, possibly putting the public at large at risk, to make sure you are providing for your own personal safety and exercising personal responsibility. Just showing once again, how enforcement of stupid laws are counterproductive and hypocritical. [:@] Even if they "try not to shine it in your face," the possibility exists, and the fact is blinding a driver CAN cause a collision. I have never seen a collision CAUSED by someone not providing for their own safety by not wearing a seat belt. The existance of that law is stupid, much less having it as a "primary enforcement" violation.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

I agree with the a seatbelt doesn't cause collisions.
JStang how would you like to see some pic of young kids I have taken pics of that died in a car wreck because of not wearing seat belts.........I appaud the cops on the seatbelt enforcement........I don't think it should be done with a spotlight.

Try working on an ambulance and understanding how many children die....not even 18 die due to there own stupidity and not wearing a seat belt.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:09 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

you guys crack me up give the cops a break. yea some are a-holes but they deal with scum of the earth all day . hey mayby we should have some cops from third world come up here you want to see a-hole cops they will shoot you if you look at them wrong!. its a crapy job but someone needs to do it.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:18 PM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

+1
Old 06-06-2006, 01:23 PM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

My Dad is a paramedic and I have taken a few rides on car with him...man I couldnt deal with that. We went to a club where there was this fight and this dude had the sharp end of a crowbar sticking in the top of his skull. All I did was tag along and observe, I did it as work expirence for highscool.

Anyways I have lots of respect for Police. When they flash their flood light it makes me a bit nervous but then I realize I am not speeding and that I am wearing my belt and I have nothing to worry about, its all good.

BTW do you know why they call Police "Cops" ? I heard that back in the day their badges or shields were made out of copper so gangsters started calling them "Coppers"....it was then later shortened to "Cops"

Could be **** but sounds like a good reason
Old 06-06-2006, 01:29 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fizzie06

JStang how would you like to see some pic of young kids I have taken pics of that died in a car wreck because of not wearing seat belts.........I appaud the cops on the seatbelt enforcement........I don't think it should be done with a spotlight.

Try working on an ambulance and understanding how many children die....not even 18 die due to there own stupidity and not wearing a seat belt.
I didn't say anything about children - that's a TOTALLY different matter. Just like kids under a certain weight MUST be in safety seats, we have separate laws to govern that. Whether or not an adult invidual is wearing their safety belt or not is not a matter of concern, however, and IS ENTIRELY a matter of choice and responsibility. The law recognizes that children cannot make their own responsible decisions, and applies the law in a manner different than how it is applied to adults. Your emotional response is not really all that relevant to anything I said. But kids always tug at the heartstrings. But even there...if a parent of a child exercises gross negligence and a total lack of personal responsibility, it is not something that is of my concern. As for whether kids "under 18" decide whether or not to buckle up...well, that's one of those responsibilities that comes with driving a vehicle, but has NO bearing on my safety, whatsoever.

Afixer -- That doesn't justify them comitting dangerous actions when they justify the majority of their enforcement actions as being "for your safety." Again, while this act can CAUSE an accident, what he may have been checking for would not. I don't see what the comment about third world cops has to do with this, but whatever...
Old 06-06-2006, 01:30 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Erdrickk
BTW do you know why they call Police "Cops" ? I heard that back in the day their badges or shields were made out of copper so gangsters started calling them "Coppers"....it was then later shortened to "Cops"

Could be **** but sounds like a good reason
It's a shortened form of what they used to be called in England: Constable On Patrol.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:39 PM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JStang78

ORIGINAL: Fizzie06

I didn't say anything about children - that's a TOTALLY different matter. Just like kids under a certain weight MUST be in safety seats, we have separate laws to govern that. Whether or not an adult invidual is wearing their safety belt or not is not a matter of concern, however, and IS ENTIRELY a matter of choice and responsibility. The law recognizes that children cannot make their own responsible decisions, and applies the law in a manner different than how it is applied to adults. Your emotional response is not really all that relevant to anything I said. But kids always tug at the heartstrings. But even there...if a parent of a child exercises gross negligence and a total lack of personal responsibility, it is not something that is of my concern. As for whether kids "under 18" decide whether or not to buckle up...well, that's one of those responsibilities that comes with driving a vehicle, but has NO bearing on my safety, whatsoever.

Afixer -- That doesn't justify them comitting dangerous actions when they justify the majority of their enforcement actions as being "for your safety." Again, while this act can CAUSE an accident, what he may have been checking for would not. I don't see what the comment about third world cops has to do with this, but whatever...

Ok see if I understand this....You are saying an adult NOT wearing a seatbelt is his / her choice and not a lawful concern? I am not sure where you are from but here in canada its the law and it carrys a serious penalty if not followed.

Did you know that if Adults sitting in the back seat not wearing their seatbelt can become projectiles and kill the driver and the front passenger?
Old 06-06-2006, 01:43 PM
Deleted User
I ♥ Acer

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-06-2006, 01:47 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

j is right Constable On Patrol. as far as third world cop. just trying to put into perspective. who knows what he was doing. i work with cops all the time some are a-holes they get that post cert and think they are gods! but most are ok guys and gals doing a job that needs to be done. i just get alittle tired of the hole cop bashing thing. haw many red lights or rolling stops have we done and not got caught and the one time we get nailed they are the ahole. the cops now a days have so many checks and balances on them they can barley do the job. as a father of 4 im glad they are there. do i likie the big brother thing not realy but what is the alternative. this is getting way out of porportion. but i rant and everyone knows that i also cant spell for **** so before you attack that dont bother. LOL i dont think he was trying to blind anyone he was prob just letting everyone know hey im watching you slow it down . if the speed limit is 60 its 60 feal lucky he didnt give a ticket for over 5 MPH now that would have been within his rights. an ahole but within his rights

Quick Reply: What... the hell?!