Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My most expensive birthday present ever!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Default RE: My most expensive birthday present ever!

ORIGINAL: ST4NG

I had got such a good price, (18,900 --- $24,000 sticker)

My ideal car is Dark Blue GT, White Racing Stripes, Black/Red Leather Interior, IUP, EUP, Heated Seats, and GT Appearence Package.
Wow, you did get a deal! You will be a lot better off on trade-in. I got mine when the verts had only been out for a month or so and demand for all Mustangs was strong. I counted myself lucky just to get one without a markup over sticker!

You can't get the crimson red with the Vista Blue exterior from the factory, but that would be cool! You could always have it done on your own though.

Old 06-12-2006, 09:51 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

I've already got the mod's all planned out and will be ordering some goodies before it even gets here
Might i suggest:
http://www.saleen.com/SC101_Services...0-1607-B11313*
Old 06-12-2006, 10:27 PM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Happy Birthday and congrats man! Can't wait to see pics in a few weeks. I'm thinking of upgrading like others in 08 or 09, but you never know when the urge is gonna hit. When I do I'll probably keep my six to though and just buy a GT to go with her.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:24 PM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

I just inquired about the 07 Cali Special,(a numbered car) the V6 wont be sacrificed though, the Ram 1500 would go. LOL I am still happy with my 6 and would only trade it for a Roush or Shelby, not a standard GT, but if anyone wants a GT that settled for a 6, they will always be waiting for the chance to upgrade, all I personally ask is dont go hatin on us 6ers, LOL congrats, the 07's are lookin fantastic, GT's and 6es.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:46 PM
RedHotMama
1st Gear Member

Happy Birthday! I bought mine for an "over 50" b-day present to myself. Got to drive a co workers GT last week with manual and Ford racing exhaust. Sounded so cool all you want to do is put your foot into it so you can listen to the exhaust, but sooo fast I would end up like my daughters and have a gazillion tickets. I love driving my 6er to work every day and everyone that sees it comments on it. I work at an airport Phillips 66 dealer and we rent Hertz cars. If I had $1 for every person that asked to rent the "Red Mustang" I could probably buy a GT and pay the insurance. Enjoy and don't ever feel guilty about getting what you want. Never know if we will be here long enough to enjoy what we have!
Old 06-13-2006, 12:30 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Congrats and happy birthday!

At least if you had to ditch your V6, you bought the right color on the new GT this time 'round
Old 06-13-2006, 02:54 AM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

Hey Tres! Happy B-day present to yourself! I too have see-sawed back and forth on trading the vert in. But, I can't. The wife bought it for me last summer for my 45th. Wouldn't be understood if I got rid of her present. So, It's a charger for me, and wait til the new body comes out in 2009 or 2010. Hey soon to be macho V8 owner, be gentle on us sixers, until we're fully blown. LOL.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:28 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

==Might i suggest==

Bwaahaaaahaa! I think I'll wait to actually get the car before ordering that, although it's tempting

==When I do I'll probably keep my six to though and just buy a GT to go with her.==

I was also tempted to do that. But I already have a pickup and 3 motorcycles, it's a headache trying to keep everything running! I'm thinking I may use the GT as my DD for a couple of years, then get a knock-around car and turn the GT into a weekend toy. Then again we'll have to start outfitting our kids with cars in about 4 years, yikes!

==I just inquired about the 07 Cali Special==

Cool! I thought about getting one until the order guide came out. It appears the C/S is only available with black/ parchment or black/ dove interiors. If it had been available with the torch red with red/black interior, I might have gotten one.

==If I had $1 for every person that asked to rent the "Red Mustang" I could probably buy a GT and pay the insurance.==

Oh that's hilarious!! Hey, maybe you should start your own Rent-a-Mustang business! Then again people would probably tear them up.

==At least if you had to ditch your V6, you bought the right color on the new GT this time 'round==

LOL! And we all know you're clearly unbiased in this area

==I too have see-sawed back and forth on trading the vert in. But, I can't. The wife bought it for me last summer for my 45th. Wouldn't be understood if I got rid of her present. So, It's a charger for me, and wait til the new body comes out in 2009 or 2010.==

I looked at the Chargers, they are really nice cars. It was tempting to get a 4 door like that since I have to shuttle the kids sometimes. But it was going to cost more money and of course it wouldn't have been a vert. I've had verts before, but there is something about the Mustang vert that has me hooked on top-down cruising. I don't think I could give that up! If you're into Chargers, the '07 SRT8 Super Bee is going to be awesome!! It's got all the performance of the current SRT8, but it looks even better.

Old 06-13-2006, 12:21 PM
chidrock
2nd Gear Member

Congrats on getting what you wanted Tres! When you said that you were getting a GT to "replace" your v6, I thought something had happened to it lol.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:41 PM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

Whoa! I meant putting on a superCHARGER, not buying one of Chyrsler's cars. Maybe a Challenger when it comes out, but not a Charger. Nope, it's Mustangs for me. Let your old V6 friends know how much fun the extra 2 cyclinders are when you get your new ride. Have Fun!

Quick Reply: My most expensive birthday present ever!