Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT take offs etc?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 12:16 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: GT take offs etc?

+1 How did this guy get a drivers license? He can't be for real; nobody is that stupid!
ORIGINAL: Furinox

We need to have this guy sent back to school before he's allowed to post anything else. To me it should be a bannable offense to type something up like that.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:37 PM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ken Rogers

Any good tutorials out there on how to cut up your rear bumper to fit duals?

Ken
Someone on this forum posted with pics on installing dual exhaust where they made a template from one side with trace paper and used it to notch the other side. If you take it to a muffler shop,they should just do it for you.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:11 PM
justang05
2nd Gear Member

I personally wounldnt put the fog lights and all on my car for a few reasons... If i beat someone, i want them to know they got beat by a v6, and if i loose i dont want them to think they beat a GT! Seriously, there are very few people that could tell the difference between a v6 and GT just from the sound. Fog lights...dual exaust...GT wheels...must be a GT! But if thats really the look you like then by all means go for it.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:44 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

OK there skippy. It's personal choice, you sound like an idiot telling people why you think putting on GT stuff is lame.

"Nien GT takeoffs! Ze Fuhrer haz zpoken! All hail ze Reich! All hail ze Fajaland!"-Whitev6er
Old 06-20-2006, 02:59 PM
elektra
2nd Gear Member

Your post should read.....

"I wish I didn't skip every english class!"

I can't aswer any of the questions in your post due to I CAN'T UNDERSTAND ANY OF THE QUESTIONS!

ORIGINAL: Whitev6er

For those of you reading this for the first time. I have noticed that older v6ers with the earlier car before non gt take offs came out did not have any choice. SO I ask there is no need for gt take offs at this point. MANY other sites in this sit that has ads on buying do have non parts. FOr example. You can now simply purchase the GRILLE instead of the entire FRONT bumper. Which IO is very cool as well. It is NO way to dis ANY gt takeoffs or owners at all. PLEASE do not think that. THe thing is thou that they are making more parts for v6ers. Such as the GT grill FIT for a v6 bumper.

Gt wheels I would so it is up to you. MY choice though is not to MAKE my mustang look like a GT but keep it a v6. NEW GT wheels do not count. The 06 model GT I believe is the non bullits which are very cool IO.

Mufflers. Gt mufflers sound very good and are cheep as well. I have researched this on ads and they seem to go anywhere from 50-100. CHEAP. If you want gt take offs mufflers cool. HOWEVER. you can still get a cool SINGLE and non GT take off for the same price. Duels is another story lol

REAR bumper take offs. CUT the rear bumper. Its non GT.

My point is GT take offs make us look like GTs. But that is not what we want. Unless that IS what you want. Then I say go for it. Again this is no shape of ANY gt take off owners.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:28 PM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: elektra

Your post should read.....

"I wish I didn't skip every english class!"

I can't aswer any of the questions in your post due to I CAN'T UNDERSTAND ANY OF THE QUESTIONS!

ORIGINAL: Whitev6er

For those of you reading this for the first time. I have noticed that older v6ers with the earlier car before non gt take offs came out did not have any choice. SO I ask there is no need for gt take offs at this point. MANY other sites in this sit that has ads on buying do have non parts. FOr example. You can now simply purchase the GRILLE instead of the entire FRONT bumper. Which IO is very cool as well. It is NO way to dis ANY gt takeoffs or owners at all. PLEASE do not think that. THe thing is thou that they are making more parts for v6ers. Such as the GT grill FIT for a v6 bumper.

Gt wheels I would so it is up to you. MY choice though is not to MAKE my mustang look like a GT but keep it a v6. NEW GT wheels do not count. The 06 model GT I believe is the non bullits which are very cool IO.

Mufflers. Gt mufflers sound very good and are cheep as well. I have researched this on ads and they seem to go anywhere from 50-100. CHEAP. If you want gt take offs mufflers cool. HOWEVER. you can still get a cool SINGLE and non GT take off for the same price. Duels is another story lol

REAR bumper take offs. CUT the rear bumper. Its non GT.

My point is GT take offs make us look like GTs. But that is not what we want. Unless that IS what you want. Then I say go for it. Again this is no shape of ANY gt take off owners.
Lol, I couldn't find out if they were questions or statements!