Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

why start with the wrong platform??

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 06:39 PM
Green Machine 123
2nd Gear Member

Default why start with the wrong platform??

Ok my fellow proud owners, Here is the thing, I own a 2006 mustang v6 and i love the car its a great car and i can see how the modification fever can set in. It almost had me,lol. I got to thinking and (please do be offended) my car is what it is. I can spend all this money and time to make my car faster but the truth is that speed is only temporary...if i wanted a fast car that got respect on the street i would of bought the GT. but the reality is that i could not afford the upgrade and the insurance, and what i am trying to say is that i am tired of people saying "oh its only a six" and i say thats right u don't like don't look at it. so to the owners of v6 mustangs just be honest with urself and love the car for what it is and not try to justify to urselves why u only bought a v6..and also i have all the respect for you people who strive to make ur car go faster and look meaner keep doing what ur doing, but do it for the love of the car for what it is and for not what it aint.......i just had to get that off my chest and i respect u all and keep the rubber side down...CHEERS

P.S SPEED IS ONLY TEMPORARY
Old 06-20-2006, 06:41 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: why start with the wrong platform??

HERE WE GO AGAIN
Old 06-20-2006, 06:41 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

WOW...well said!!! I even have a tear coming down from my eye!
j/k...but I agree, we mod not to impress but because we love our steeds. If we are doing it to compensate for that "should have, would have" factor then its the wrong reason!
Old 06-20-2006, 06:52 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

alot of the people here just mod for fun if they wanted the gt they would have it by now seeing how the price difference is less than adding a super charger to your v6 o_O
Old 06-20-2006, 06:52 PM
McChicken
2nd Gear Member

can we summarize that in 10 words or less?
Old 06-20-2006, 06:59 PM
elektra
2nd Gear Member

Green Machine is write to a certian point. The people that put on the SC and turbos on here are people who like to be new and different. If they really wanted speed they would buy a bike and do 170+ or buy a GT. The point is, they didnt want the GT, they wanted a sleeper or Just love working on cars. I will soon be modding my car when the funds come available but for fun, not to beat a GT or the Famous 350 z post. I just love working on my car and saying "Yup, I did that!" or "Yup that 06 mustang is MINE!".

Just my $0.02 is all.

Old 06-20-2006, 07:03 PM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

I had zero plans of modding my car at all when I bought it but now its a hobby. As far at people saying its only a six..........most of us are proud about our six and are happy about them........Example how may people have tags on this forum that say Dammit its a Six because they are pissed off about their car or ITSASIX or what ever they have on it to let people know what they have because they are proud of it. I would say most of us mod because we enjoy it and it gives us somthig to do AKA a hobby.

Ok my fellow proud owners, Here is the thing, I own a 2006 mustang v6 and i love the car its a great car and i can see how the modification fever can set in. It almost had me,lol. I got to thinking and (please do be offended) my car is what it is. I can spend all this money and time to make my car faster but the truth is that speed is only temporary...if i wanted a fast car that got respect on the street i would of bought the GT. but the reality is that i could not afford the upgrade and the insurance, and what i am trying to say is that i am tired of people saying "oh its only a six" and i say thats right u don't like don't look at it. so to the owners of v6 mustangs just be honest with urself and love the car for what it is and not try to justify to urselves why u only bought a v6..and also i have all the respect for you people who strive to make ur car go faster and look meaner keep doing what ur doing, but do it for the love of the car for what it is and for not what it aint.......i just had to get that off my chest and i respect u all and keep the rubber side down...CHEERS

P.S SPEED IS ONLY TEMPORARY
Old 06-20-2006, 07:06 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Was the LX the wrong platform, is a 200ish HP Fox the wrong platform? Keep in mind the old 5.0 fox's are the current favorite platform for track cars. I usually have a precanned response to these, but I misplaced it. Buy what you can, mod what you want, buy what you want, etc etc etc.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:07 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

i wanted a gt but couldnt afford that layout all at once.. so i bought a base model v6 and am in the process of making it totaly custom, i can afford to mod it as i go so it works best for me, and in my opinion, spending the difference in one hit on the gt or spending the difference on custom parts to make it look (imo BETTER than the GT) is a much better idea anyways. ill have fun, i enjoy people saying "is that a gt" and i LOVE replying, "no its a v6, i modified it to look meaner", makes it all worth it.

Paul
Old 06-20-2006, 08:16 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Why buy anything at all and make it better? More your own? Unique?

Who in their right mind would buy a fixer upper house... spend money on new paint, tile, carpets when they could have bought a brand new house?

Why buy last years model computer and put in a bigger, faster hard drive and more memory?

Who would buy a lump of clay and mold it into a snazzy pot or vase or bunny when you could just trot down to the store and pick one up?

Who would climb Everest when they have a lovely, colorful tri-fold brochure of the summit in their hands?

Why work to improve one's emotional or spiritual being? To better oneself? To become who you've always meant to become?

Wrong platform, you ask? I say... wrong attitude, bub.

Quick Reply: why start with the wrong platform??