Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

SoCal Meet and Greet

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 06:35 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Default RE: SoCal Meet and Greet

Marty, next time will definitely be more organized. I initially got the ball rolling when I had a working PC... not so easy from work though.

I showed up at 4PM sharp, not a soul there.. I'm sure I looked silly parked all sideways. Tom (afixer) showed up with Tommy Jr. around 4:40, then Phil (pat6674u) around 5:00, followed by Luis (V6MustangKnight) at 5:30ish. Didn't have a chance to snap pictures with our hoods up as a fullerton police officer stopped by to make sure we weren't the ricers that usually come by at that time. So we put the hoods down.

As always, Tom had a lot of DIY tips to share with us; Phil did a bitchin job installing his own leather interior, Luis is nearly stock but his single magnaflow (sounds pretty close to my dual magnaflows)... and props on the LaBra cover-up!

In between me almost backing up into Luis' stang and Tom's horror stories, it was fun!

Side note.. when I arrived at my girl's house, her sister's boyfriend was there with his 05 Mitsubishi Evo. Guy talks so much crap about mustangs, even more if they're automatic. He swears up and down that he can take GTs, and that our blown V6's are nothing to blink at. Guy's all talk so far... he's never even been to the track! I really need to get a blower and show him what our V6s can do. [:@]
Old 07-02-2006, 01:43 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

I'm glad you had a good time, don't take my comments about the organization as an insult. I just think the meet was put together too fast and should have been given a couple weeks to come together. Next time I'm sure there will be a better showing. And again, thanke for the effort!
ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

Marty, next time will definitely be more organized. I initially got the ball rolling when I had a working PC... not so easy from work though.

I showed up at 4PM sharp, not a soul there.. I'm sure I looked silly parked all sideways. Tom (afixer) showed up with Tommy Jr. around 4:40, then Phil (pat6674u) around 5:00, followed by Luis (V6MustangKnight) at 5:30ish. Didn't have a chance to snap pictures with our hoods up as a fullerton police officer stopped by to make sure we weren't the ricers that usually come by at that time. So we put the hoods down.

As always, Tom had a lot of DIY tips to share with us; Phil did a bitchin job installing his own leather interior, Luis is nearly stock but his single magnaflow (sounds pretty close to my dual magnaflows)... and props on the LaBra cover-up!

In between me almost backing up into Luis' stang and Tom's horror stories, it was fun!

Side note.. when I arrived at my girl's house, her sister's boyfriend was there with his 05 Mitsubishi Evo. Guy talks so much crap about mustangs, even more if they're automatic. He swears up and down that he can take GTs, and that our blown V6's are nothing to blink at. Guy's all talk so far... he's never even been to the track! I really need to get a blower and show him what our V6s can do. [:@]
Old 07-02-2006, 02:36 PM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

Yeah, that was great when the cop drove by and us with our hoods up. If that guy had wanted to be a real ***** he could have walked over, seen that none of us had CARB certifications and written us a fix-it ticket. Good thing Tom talked him away.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:41 PM
V6MustangKnight
2nd Gear Member

^^good thing tom has never-ending stories! so u guys gonna post ur pics up or what? i dont know when the next time u guys wanna do this. if u guys have any ideas of what u wanna do next just post it here! i dont have any ideas coming to me but i'll try and think of something....
Old 07-02-2006, 06:05 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: V6MustangKnight

^^good thing tom has never-ending stories!
hey wait a min ! what are you saying? LOL

Old 07-02-2006, 06:19 PM
V6MustangKnight
2nd Gear Member

lol, no offense...i thought they were cool. wish i had some stories like u. cant wait to have a son and **** him off by tuning my car like u. haha
Old 07-04-2006, 09:50 PM
KnotBand
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: LX200

ORIGINAL: KnotBand

i see you can't come up with your own stuff.......should have guessed

and this is not technical, therefore; does not belong in the technical forum....all the more reason to have a general section for each "style"
Yes, I agree my bitch. I suggest a "bitches" section. There you can post to yourself, and others of great lameness.
nice to know you think enough of yourself that a section should actually be named after you.

as your leader, I command you to dance my puppet.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:25 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

zzzzzzzzz..... nobody cares.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:43 AM
V6MustangKnight
2nd Gear Member

^^ HAHA