Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Rock on! C&L - XCAL2 87 Tune from Alternative Auto

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 04:15 PM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Rock on! C&L - XCAL2 87 Tune from Alternative Auto

ORIGINAL: blazen351

Hey Awesome Sober, I can just imagine the grin on your face. C&L came with a torx bit???? That sucks my TI didn't! Granted I had several anyways but that's beside the point. I wanted another one damn it!
I had a blue veined throbber and a smile all the way back to work! ROTFLMAO.
I was actually suprised the they provided the torx bit, I will add it to my collection of duplicate tools.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:15 PM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: RobDurham

Cool,

I've got the BamaChips XCAL2 and the MMR CAI and I use the 91/93 torque tune (it’s a neck snapper) and my T-Lock was needed ASAP so the next week I went to Ford and had it done by them. The local dealer is a friend and his Mustang guy is the best around these parts.

I am planning on ordering and switching to the C&L CAI next week after I get my Line Lock installed.

Rob
Rob,
What did it cost you to get the t-lock installed?
Old 06-28-2006, 04:18 PM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

I'm so happy for you. You must have lost a whole half inch in your pants bwaaahahahahaaa J/k man I'm sure it was more like an inch

Anxious to here though what you think of it later on after you can drive her more.
ORIGINAL: toosober

ORIGINAL: blazen351

Hey Awesome Sober, I can just imagine the grin on your face. C&L came with a torx bit???? That sucks my TI didn't! Granted I had several anyways but that's beside the point. I wanted another one damn it!
I had a blue veined throbber and a smile all the way back to work! ROTFLMAO.
I was actually suprised the they provided the torx bit, I will add it to my collection of duplicate tools.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:20 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

Congrats sober & welcome to the CAI club..I love mine as well...I am currently running the 93 tune, WOW..is it hot!
Old 06-28-2006, 04:36 PM
blackNchrome05
1st Gear Member

How is everyone getting these C&L intakes and tunes from alternative auto? do you have to call and order it on the phone? Because i dont see it anywhere on their website... It's not even mentioned. If i figured out where to get the intake and tune... how much would it run me? thanks
Old 06-28-2006, 04:44 PM
Gizzmo0411

ORIGINAL: RobDurham

Cool,

I've got the BamaChips XCAL2 and the MMR CAI and I use the 91/93 torque tune (it’s a neck snapper) and my T-Lock was needed ASAP so the next week I went to Ford and had it done by them. The local dealer is a friend and his Mustang guy is the best around these parts.

I am planning on ordering and switching to the C&L CAI next week after I get my Line Lock installed.

Rob
Rob,
+1 on the cost question for the t-lock??
Old 06-28-2006, 04:48 PM
RobDurham
I ♥ Acer

Rob,
It was right at $730.00 for the part from Ford Racing and the installation. It also came with Fords 12,000 mile 12 month warranty.

I know I could have probably had it done cheaper but what the hell its only money and I don’t want to leave it so my wife can spend it on a new boy friend once I’m dead and gone. [sm=chairshot.gif]

Rob

Old 06-28-2006, 05:37 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackNchrome05

How is everyone getting these C&L intakes and tunes from alternative auto? do you have to call and order it on the phone? Because i dont see it anywhere on their website... It's not even mentioned. If i figured out where to get the intake and tune... how much would it run me? thanks
yep, you have to call to order it... The X-Cal2/C&L combo.. think it is still going for $650... well worth it...

Old 06-28-2006, 05:41 PM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

Lidio is only providing 2 tunes now for the 05-06 v6. An 87 and 89 tune. I was wanting a barbaric shift tune, Lidio shot me down. No biggy I am very happy, and I don't blame him at all, I would hate to have a liability like that hanging over my head, or even damage a car. I asked about a 93 octane tune, he does not support those either, so I have a free spot on the XCAL2 reserverd for Nitros if I decide to go that route. On another note as well, we can advance the spark 2% when flashing w/ the 89 tune and run 93 on it.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:43 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gizzmo0411

How do the tunes from alternative auto compare to the ones from bamachips? I'm just curious if there is any major different in the methods used between the two companies.
9 out of 10 Dentist's with automatics prefer to get their tunes from Lidio at Alt. Auto... LOL!

Ok...so not to start another war....

Doug is known for 4.0 experience... Lidio is know for his automatic experience... you can't go wrong with either although if you have a automatic I would suggest Lidio...

Quick Reply: Rock on! C&L - XCAL2 87 Tune from Alternative Auto