Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Bad things about Chargers

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 06:53 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Bad things about Chargers

the turbo is also upgradeable to a intercooler at a later time. PM me for pricing.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:05 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

thru my contacts i can get u the turbonater for 59.99 + tax
Old 07-01-2006, 07:12 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: v6stanggoddess

would it be stupid to get an x charger without a cold intake of some sort? That way you can blow cold air into the engine?
Depends on the amount of boost you are talking, at 7lbs of boost, you should be fine with the xcharger and its easy to stay under boost when you are driving around. I personally stay under boost 95% of the time, then at the track I open her up.

The turbo is probably the safest option, but it is generally more expensive unless you get a deal or group buy. The Vortechs are known for being reliable daily drivers, and at low boost with an IC, you should be just fine.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:24 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: petepete

Any F/Ican blow your engine but probably wont unless your on the gas all the time. SHould be stable for at least 50-100k miles. A turbo gives a little bit less stress. AT the same time a super charger is better do to no lag and a turbo takes extensive mods in order to install the setup. The biggest disadvantage of superchargers is also their defining characteristic: Because the crankshaft drives them, they must steal some of the engine's horsepower. A supercharger can consume as much as 20 percent of an engine's total power output. But because a supercharger can generate as much as 46 percent additional horsepower, most think the trade-off is worth it. An intercooler or charge air cooler is an additional component that looks something like a radiator, except air passes through the inside as well as the outside of the intercooler. The intake air passes through sealed passageways inside the cooler, while cooler air from outside is blown across fins by the engine cooling fan. The intercooler further increases the power of the engine by cooling the pressurized air coming out of the compressor before it goes into the engine. This means that if the turbocharger is operating at a boost of 7 psi, the intercooled system will put in 7 psi of cooler air, which is denser and contains more air molecules than warmer air.

Good info... just a couple of comments...

Turbo lag... not in the Powerhouse V6 turbo car! I certainly couldn't feel any lag! Rygen, can you comment on lag? I was only in the passenger seat so I'm not 100% sure...

Oh... and guess who got to test drive the Cherry 6T6 today??? LOL! YEP!!! The Cherry 6T6 is a TWIN TURBO! Let me tell you there was no LAG!!! LOL! Oh, gosh it was wild!!!

Oh.. and the Vortech aftercooler (intercooler) is an air-to-water intercooler...

The Cherry!

Old 07-01-2006, 08:27 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

you &*^&*% lol
Old 07-01-2006, 09:27 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Yea, punk!!!!!!!!!! Man, what a car to get to drive. Wow. As for lag, I don't have any, the size of the turbo is appropriate to our size engine, so its ready pretty much immediately. As for the Cherry twin turbo, holy crap. That car is plain sick. We need more details!!!
Old 07-02-2006, 12:02 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Yea, punk!!!!!!!!!! Man, what a car to get to drive. Wow. As for lag, I don't have any, the size of the turbo is appropriate to our size engine, so its ready pretty much immediately. As for the Cherry twin turbo, holy crap. That car is plain sick. We need more details!!!
Details are here: http://www.mrt-direct.com/Articles/MRT_6T6a.PDF

and more here: http://www.mrt-direct.com/photogalle...2005/Build.htm

BTW.. the hood looks much better in person... (MRT will be selling them very shortly!)

Now.. as far as my detail... OMG.. the power is right there when you step into it... no lag.. It is also incredibly smooth!! It starts pulling and just keep pulling!!! And when the blow-off values let loose... WHOOOOSH!! WHOOOSH!!! HOLY CRAP!!! If you time it right as you pull up to the car in the next lane you can pretty much scare the crap out of them... we sure got some very interesting looks!!! LOL!

So Scott will be bringing a number of cars to Norwalk next weekend.. not sure which... so perhaps you'll get to see the Cherry first hand! LOL!
Old 07-02-2006, 12:54 AM
whatdaproblemis0
3rd Gear Member

im curious to what or who set up their turbo or which did they use. Whats the Dyno RWHP ?
Old 07-02-2006, 01:11 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

yah i was wondering too. there ISNT a twin turbo on the market yet, so how the **** did they get it? soooo annoying when u see all these rich guys with the **** before it even comes out. pisses the **** outa me

ORIGINAL: whatdaproblemis0

im curious to what or who set up their turbo or which did they use. Whats the Dyno RWHP ?
Old 07-02-2006, 01:14 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

they are the manufacturer of it! LOL

Quick Reply: Bad things about Chargers