Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

V6 Mustang Plenty Loud

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 11:31 PM
DragonPL
3rd Gear Member

Default V6 Mustang Plenty Loud

I think my stock V6 is plenty loud, as people often complain about the V6 not having a nice "growl". When I get it to about 2500RPMs it has a nice loud roar. My friend said that my car sounds like a small plane taking off... So at least I dont think the car would need to be louder......and I did get this comment once from some punk kid: "thats loud for a slow car".....hmmmmmm
Old 07-01-2006, 11:40 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: V6 Mustang Plenty Loud

ORIGINAL: DragonPL

I think my stock V6 is plenty loud, as people often complain about the V6 not having a nice "growl". When I get it to about 2500RPMs it has a nice loud roar. My friend said that my car sounds like a small plane taking off... So at least I dont think the car would need to be louder......and I did get this comment once from some punk kid: "thats loud for a slow car".....hmmmmmm
wow... i mean I'm glad you are happy with your exhaust... but I could hardly call the stock muffler loud... the fact that you can pick up 10RWHP by swapping it out tells me it's very restrictive... (read no loud... LOL ) My stock muffler was gone by day 2... LOL
Old 07-01-2006, 11:43 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

me 2

Old 07-01-2006, 11:45 PM
DragonPL
3rd Gear Member

I did think about getiing duals but will I gain/ loose any horsepower with that say I get an X pipe.....?????
Old 07-01-2006, 11:51 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DragonPL

I did think about getiing duals but will I gain/ loose any horsepower with that say I get an X pipe.....?????
a good after market single exhaust will get you about 10RWHP... and MRT Aeroturbine single exhaust will get you even more! However the MRT is loud and is not to everyone's liking... however it the top performer in my book!!!!

Going to a dual setup with an X-pipe will give you a minimal gain... 2RWHP..
Old 07-01-2006, 11:54 PM
Ken Rogers
3rd Gear Member

I was like you at first, loving the sound of my bone stock Mustang. But then I listened to the exhaust clips above, and realized that a much better sound is easily achievable.

Ken
Old 07-02-2006, 12:04 AM
v6stanggoddess
1st Gear Member

I do not htink I am going to get antoehr exhaust either. I like mine and I do not really want it too loud. Besides I see soooooooooooooooooooooo many V6 mustangs on the road that have their single. So there has to be a reason for it right?
Old 07-02-2006, 12:04 AM
volley

I couldn't really hear the exhaust much when I got the car. I hear the engine more than anything... Now that I have the Ford Racing muffler I couldn't be happier.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:12 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: v6stanggoddess

I do not htink I am going to get antoehr exhaust either. I like mine and I do not really want it too loud. Besides I see soooooooooooooooooooooo many V6 mustangs on the road that have their single. So there has to be a reason for it right?
Your right... there is really no performance reason on our V6 to go to duals... Personally I will keep The Mistress a single exhuast... perhaps i'll having to put larger piping in some day... but she's a V6 so she will always be a single exhaust... Of course every one sees the single exhaust and thinks i'm an easy target... hehehehe..
Old 07-02-2006, 12:20 AM
DragonPL
3rd Gear Member

wow a 10HP gain just from a muffler?? I think Ill look into the MRT. My stock muffler dos have some "burned" marks on it though so I might looked into replacing it. I just see all these other V6 cars with duals so i was wondering about those. I also though about the "single duals" sorry dont know how to desribe them . I mean these: http://www.subydude.com/images/prod/...exhaust_02.jpg
Never seen those on any mustang ......

Quick Reply: V6 Mustang Plenty Loud