V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What are the best parts for the 4.0???

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 05:26 AM
Pimpin Pony
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What are the best parts for the 4.0???

lol... yeah I turned it off... I also turned off the o/d and I have tried it also in first... I dont know what it is... I think I could get alot better burn if I didnt have those P Zero Nero tires... not that I am complaining... I think its awesome that ford actually put them on stock for the Pony Package, it is just the grip so damn hard
Old 07-16-2006, 06:59 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

Cant believe i missed this thread... just read 2 pages of it, skimmed through the 3rd. 250rwhp is absolutely 100% impossible with just boltons. Cams/headwork is not bolt on. Anything that requires the valve covers or oil pan to be removed cannot be considered a bolt on. I have every single bolt on out there (correct me if im wrong ppl, those that know my mod list) except the underdrive pulley, because it did notin over the PHP alternator pulley except kill scrmings battery.
I hit 212.5rwhp with my truetrac and 3.73s gears (about 214-215rwhp on a stock diff). Since then i added dual exhaust, and an aluminum driveshaft. I can promise when i go to the dyno i probably will only see 215-217rwhp (220ish on stock diff). Ive been contemplating replacing my lower flowing K&N intake with a high flowing C&L or Pipepline intake.

Even with all my mods, if i installed aggresive cams, and P&P heads, i doubt id see 250rwhp, i think 240-245rwhp at most. Now if you went and replaced the pistons with some High CR ones, maybe like 10.5 or 10.8:1 then ya, with all those boltons, and fuel upgrades and head/cam work. You can probably hit about 270rwhp, but that would be about 15 grand later.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:00 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

oh and about the pneros being sticky..... put down the weed pipe man lol. I can take those things for a spin through 3 gears. Even 275/40/17 drag radials i can make a nice little smoke show.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Pimpin Pony
2nd Gear Member

Well I cant get them to peel out hardly at all, but so far my car is completly stock. If my car was a stick and had a bunch of stuff on it I am sure that it wouldnt matter how much they gripped, I would still be able to burn them up, but as of right now... natta. As for the other stuff I dont believe that I ever specified only bolt on mods... if I did I didnt mean to... part of my plan is aggressive heads/cams, a higher output fuel pump and bigger injectors. As for changing my pistons to a higher compression ratio pistions I would be kind of weary about doing that because I do plan on supercharging after I do everything else. Now this is just my plan, I havent bought anything yet I have just been looking around and saving up and trying to find out what will be the best buy. Since you have most of this stuff on your car already how much do you thing the parts that I just talked about would actually help out? I plan on doing pretty much all the boltons you have (I read your mod list on another thread) plus the parts that I just talked about. I think out of everybody on here you would have the most experience getting as much as you can N/A, so I would really appreciate your help getting as much out of my car as I can before I supercharge... Thanks again for your help