Supercharge Warranty???? - MustangForums.com

Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Supercharge Warranty????

Old 07-12-2006, 02:38 AM
Rems_Stang

Default Supercharge Warranty????

Ok, so I've heard rumors (haven't checked with the local dealer yet) that you can get your stang supercharged and keep your warranty as long as a Ford dealer/authorized shop install it. Is there any truth to this? I really don't want to wait 3 years (by the way our warranty is kinda sad) before I can start building it. I mean I know of all the stuff to do and keep the warrany but I'm talkin big power. Thanks.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:48 AM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharge Warranty????

Im pretty sure if your dealer is willing to install it they will give you some kind of warranty.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:32 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

The only thing I let my dealership do is change my oil! And the only reason I let them do that is because they let me walk around under the car when it's on the hoist so I can inspect things!

I seriously doubt that if they installed an S/C unit they would cover your drive train... that's if they would even install it in the first place... Now if the dealership is a Roush or Saleen dealership that would be a different story... but Roush/Saleen don't offer anything for the V6...
Old 07-12-2006, 08:54 AM
TTSRACINGWORLD
2nd Gear Member

When I got my Mustang a few weeks ago, I was told the they can put on a Roush S/C and it would be covered under my 3/36 Warr. They also told me there are other things that they can do to get more hp and still keep the Warr.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:03 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TTSRACINGWORLD

When I got my Mustang a few weeks ago, I was told the they can put on a Roush S/C and it would be covered under my 3/36 Warr. They also told me there are other things that they can do to get more hp and still keep the Warr.
That sounds about right but.... Roush is not producing a S/C unit for the V6 last time I checked...