Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Is there any wax thats easy to put on like ICE?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 02:40 AM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Is there any wax thats easy to put on like ICE?

Replied.
ORIGINAL: Harry_F

i just sent you a PM
Old 07-13-2006, 09:48 AM
CainMotorsports2102
3rd Gear Member

Eagle one Nano Wax is easy...just do it in the shade. Use an applicater pad and follow up witha microfiber, when the towel gets saturated grab another towel, this will save you alot of work. Also dont let the NANO wax haze...just apply, and remove. Does very well. And you can use the nano spray to touch up, and you dont have to be in a controlled enviroment for that stuff..it acts like a real carnuba wax though...nice product.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:37 PM
Liam1694u

There are some great products out there if you know where to look. You usually won't find them at the Autoparts store though. The two listed below I have used a lot and they both go on-and-off real quick and easy.

Four Star Ultimate Paint Protectant is really nice. It is a synthetic paint sealant that offers the dark, wet-looking, high-gloss shine of the very best Carnauba wax, plus months of protection. I get it at Autopia.org. It does leave a slight hazzy residue on black trim, but not anything nearly as bad a a "wax" will. It will last longer than both Ice or NXT. It also goes on real easy. Just wipe a thin layer over the entire car, walk away for 20 minutes and have a beer, then come back and buff it off. It requires the wait time to let it cure and bond to the paint. But it will last you a good 3-4 months if not more.

Professional Paint Sealant
http://www.perfectautofinish.com/
This guy has been a lifesaver. If you think you know how to take care of your car properly, think again. This guy will show you the way. BY FAR, his paint sealant is the best product I have ever used. This is a synthetic product. It does not contain any wax or wax byproducts. It will NOT leave any residue on your black trim, and is will last up to 6 months between coats. I recommend getting his Poly Seal Spray as well. It is great for those between washing quick jobs, and it helps to lengthen the life of the sealant.

I have never used the NXT wax but have heard good things. Since it has "wax" in the name I am assuming it contains at least some Carnauba wax, so would expect a shorter life than a sealant and some residue, but is should last longer than most other WAXs. It also gets a good shine.

One thing to remember when your spending all this money on car care products is that THERE IS NO WAX IN THE WORLD that will last more than a month on your car. Most of them will have lost their usefulness within the first week. If you want to PROTECT your car a synthetic SEALANT (not wax) is the best way to go. They also last much longer. Usually between 3-6 months. Zaino isn't worth the time or $$$. In 30 minutes with Perfect Auto Finish's Professional Paint Sealant, I saw better results than 4-6 hours of applying 3 coats of Zaino could ever achieve. And it lasted a hell or a lot longer.

Now don't NOT use wax. Wax still has a purpose, cosmetically. If you want a Deep wet shine, there is no subsititute for a good WAX(and yes this stuff WILL leave a white residue on your trim if your not careful). Especially on DARK cars. I recomment a coat of Sealant followed by a coat or two of good wax. Definitely use a SEALANT (not wax) as a base coat. Your car will thank you.

For the white residue, if you do get it, here are a few ideas for geting rid of it:

white draftsman eraser - works great on rubber trim, but if the trip is more porous, it won't be as effective.

Black Again - a great little product you can find out there on the internet. Works everytime.

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser - work great on getting the white residue off your trim, even on porous surfaces.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:25 PM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

NXT is not wax. it is synthetic polish and sealant. it goes on like regualar wax though.

yes waxes do last longer than a month it depends on how much your car is exposed to "the elements"
wax as we all no does what in the heat and sunlight: yes, it melts, not exactly like a candel but it becomes less solid. so if every day your car sits outside uncovered in the heat and at isin't garaged, then no wax will not last longer than a month. another example is if you garage your car, and maybe park in a parking garage or a shaded area, then the wax could last up to two months. or if your car is garaged durring the week and driven as a weekend fun car your could only wax maybe 2-3 times a year.

ICE will get rid of wax residue on the black trim.

mothers "back to black" will do the same.

For those who want to buy a buffer: A random orbital buffer will not put swirl marks in your paint. a HIGH SPEED buffer will. it spins in contiuous circles with out and random motion and can burn through your clearcoat,paint, down to the primer.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:39 PM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

sorry for the double post. a clay bar is not terribly difficult to use and will take all the surface contaiminates(spelling?) out of the clear coat, and make your car feel like glass. i think they are about 17$ and you will need some clay lubricant as well. a clay bar basically makes your car 100% ready for a nice coat of wax.

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...number=PMB7281

go to any auto parts store it will look like that ^ and is relatively cheap. there's and example of one.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:25 PM
Liam1694u

ORIGINAL: Harry_F

sorry for the double post. a clay bar is not terribly difficult to use and will take all the surface contaiminates(spelling?) out of the clear coat, and make your car feel like glass. i think they are about 17$ and you will need some clay lubricant as well. a clay bar basically makes your car 100% ready for a nice coat of wax.
I agree,

I highly recommend the clay bar. most claybar kits just use a quick detail spray as the lubricant. word of advice; Don't use Black Magic's Detailing Spray. For some reason their spray breaks down the clay bar and completely ruins it after about 10 minutes of use.

Thanks for the clarification on the NXT stuff. it doesn't say anywhere on the bottle or their website whether or not it contains any wax in it. They really sould take the word "wax" out of the names of these new synthetic products.