Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

S/C Install question

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 05:44 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Default S/C Install question

Ok I'm deffinatley going some kind of forced induction in the not too distant future. I've got a plan in place that if everything works out I'll be paying off my car and my wifes car and getting my FI. Plus be putting some in to savings for the future. That's beside the point though. What I want to know is what setup would be best for someone that wants to do it themselves?? Now I know that is difficult to answer with out knowing a persons abilities sooo...I'm not a mechanic, but I have rebuilt a couple of older engines and those went well. I've done a few other things such as replace timing chains, and smaller things like starters alternaters and brakes a few times. I'm good with a wrench and follow and understand directions easily. I CAN'T rattle of specs and details and formulas like some of you guys though. I'm not real comfortable with something that I would have to do alot of fabricating for though, I don't have the recources for fabricating stuff and no experience other than being a decent welder with fabricating things. I'm also not comfortable with tapping into the oil pan myself, it may or may not not be hard, but I've never done that and it sounds daunting. So what do you thing? Could I install something like the X-charger, or mayber even the Procharger?? OR something else?? I really like the idea and the feeling of being able to say " I did that" No offense to anyone who had a shop do their's. I'm just a hands on guy and would really like the pride of doing it myself. I of course would have it dyno tuned by somebody, but the rest I want to be able to do myself.

Thanks!
Old 07-16-2006, 05:47 AM
workshop4ever
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: S/C Install question

I dont have an answer for you, but i'm exactly the same way. I love having a mod that i can say "I did". I find thats most of the satisfaction for me.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:56 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

I installed my own turbonator... it can be done! [sm=grinangel.gif]

Seriously though... out of all the superchargers on the market, it sounds like the X-charger will have the simplest install.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:58 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Yeah I love having that satisfaction. When I put my stripes on here pretty soon, I'm going to do them myself for that main reason...saving some $$ is good too. Just going to make sure I have plenty of smokes and a case of beer for afterwards in case it gets overly frustrating LOL
Old 07-16-2006, 06:00 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

I'm afraid I can't handle the power of the turbonater...it scares me. []

So far I'm thinking the X has sounded the easiest too, but I don't want to limit my options quite yet
ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

I installed my own turbonator... it can be done! [sm=grinangel.gif]

Seriously though... out of all the superchargers on the market, it sounds like the X-charger will have the simplest install.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:05 AM
Jeremy
4th Gear Member

I'm thinking of doing the turbo when I scrape the dough together. Be better for a daily driver.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:07 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

I think I'd like the turbo, but I thought that I read that the install was kinda difficult...Maybe I imagined that though...I do have an overactive imagination some time
ORIGINAL: Jeremy

I'm thinking of doing the turbo when I scrape the dough together. Be better for a daily driver.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:08 AM
Jeremy
4th Gear Member

Hell, I wish I could do it myself. Save me some money. So I'll find some proffesional to do it.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:11 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Hell that works too, either way at least you get to have a faster V6.
ORIGINAL: Jeremy

Hell, I wish I could do it myself. Save me some money. So I'll find some proffesional to do it.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:13 AM
Jeremy
4th Gear Member

F*ckin A.

Quick Reply: S/C Install question