Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

E N O U G H ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 03:07 PM
El Verdugo
1st Gear Member

Default RE: E N O U G H ! ! ! ! ! ! !

You are right I do see a difference in the way that the older guys here will answer all the same questions time and time again by some of the newbs that enter the site. I think that is comendable, but damn it has to get repetitious from time to time. I think that learning goes hand in hand with researching, so I feel that trying to find the answer first is just an essential part of the learning experience.
If one can not find the specific answer to the dilema than so be it, ask away!
Old 07-19-2006, 03:09 PM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

I embarassed by everyones behavior on this thread and the paulboy thread. Yes I mean everyone.
In a week you are all going to come back and read this **** and think.. Damn I am such a jack@ss.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:12 PM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

OOPS DUPE Mods can feel free to delete this...
Old 07-19-2006, 03:13 PM
El Verdugo
1st Gear Member

Well the whole world is at war in this day and age, so it seems like moods have been altered in many arenas.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:19 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

ORIGINAL: toosober

I embarassed by everyones behavior on this thread and the paulboy thread. Yes I mean everyone.
In a week you are all going to come back and read this **** and think.. Damn I am such a jack@ss.
even me?

Old 07-19-2006, 03:21 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: El Verdugo

Well the whole world is at war in this day and age, so it seems like moods have been altered in many arenas.
So is laziness (re: post #21). But I still don't think that either is an excuse, although I can see how someone with a lack of knowledge regarding the forum could post a simple question without knowing how to research the answer, whereas, I find it hard to understand how someone supposedly mature enough to drive a car cannot know basic rules of decorum and civility. Seems strange to me that you'd go after newbies for posting newbie questions, but provide an excuse here for supposed adults (or near adults) to act like jerks to one another.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:26 PM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: JStang78

So is laziness (re: post #21). But I still don't think that either is an excuse, although I can see how someone with a lack of knowledge regarding the forum could post a simple question without knowing how to research the answer, whereas, I find it hard to understand how someone supposedly mature enough to drive a car cannot know basic rules of decorum and civility. Seems strange to me that you'd go after newbies for posting newbie questions, but provide an excuse here for supposed adults (or near adults) to act like jerks to one another.
Preach it brother.
Blazen told me he was banned???

So here is our obligatory thread hijack..

Old 07-19-2006, 03:30 PM
BlueStang6
2nd Gear Member

You are right I do see a difference in the way that the older guys here will answer all the same questions time and time again by some of the newbs that enter the site. I think that is comendable, but damn it has to get repetitious from time to time. I think that learning goes hand in hand with researching, so I feel that trying to find the answer first is just an essential part of the learning experience.
If one can not find the specific answer to the dilema than so be it, ask away!
Maybe as part of our evolution we should put up a sticky with the most often asked questions and common search terms and ask the new people to visit that thread and maybe come back with specific questions about their application? I'll volunteer to do the startup thread and maintain it - and do research - if the mods agree and enough members think it will be helpful. I already have a thread on common terms we use here:

https://mustangforums.com/m_1585149/tm.htm

If you want to put that up, it's okay with me.

John
Old 07-19-2006, 04:07 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

We are really lucky here at mustangforums because 99.99999999999999% of our members are polite, helpful and kind people.

Unfortunately, this is the internet and no matter what we do, we are always going to get a few people who are only interested in spoiling the fun for everyone else.

I don't want people to be afraid to have an opinion. We have very simple rules which I think are just basic common sense and we are very forgiving. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion and everyone is allowed to speak their mind. Obviously, if someone is disruptive, we will warn them, but bannings are very rare. You can see for yourselves that there have been a few guys recently who have tried their very best to stir things up and only one of them has had to be banned.

When we start talking about guys who are trying to get around the rules of life by being sneaky and selling their products under the radar, I just have to laugh. I have had a job for years and I have learned that doing business costs money. You don't get something for nothing in life. Obviously they recognize the benefits of selling on a huge site like this or they would not be doing it. However, some of them seem to think that they are "special" somehow and they should be allowed to advertise for free while the rest of the world has to pay for that priviledge....additionally, there are companies paying for this site and these other vultures try to advertise here for free. That does not make alot of sense to me. Why would we allow that to happen?
Old 07-19-2006, 04:25 PM
El Verdugo
1st Gear Member

I agree with you and favor the right to respect the paying sponsors. I am one that pays for add space not in this forum, but in some local car forums in my area. I have not done so in this forum because it is not in my budget at this time to be honest. When the funds becomes available I will revist the idea of putting out a ad in this site. I am new company (that is getting back on its feet after the hurricane) and my budget is stretched at the moment.

Alberto