Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Throttle cutting out

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 12:58 AM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Throttle cutting out

No offense but I don't think Ford mechanics are willing to fix anything that doesn't come up as a DTC. Basically, you can do as much dianostic analysis with your XCAL II as a Ford dealer is willing to do.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:24 AM
pastor_ice43
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mindfury

Any of you folks have a problem with your throttle cutting out from accelerating from time to time? I've had it happen a few times to me and I'm taking the car into the dealership tomarrow to have it looked at.

It's only happened about half a dozen times since I got the car back in February, and it usually happens right after I come to a complete stop after sustained periods of driving, mostly stopping at the end of an exit ramp off the highway. I hit the throttle to turn onto the street and it'll go, completely cut out for a second, then go again, much like it wants to stall.

The lady at the local dealer's service dept. said she's never heard of anything like that before...

I also got my Stang back in FEB and I had the same prob. for a few months. It doesn't do it anymore though.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:17 AM
celenztah
2nd Gear Member

The problem does not happen everytime the conditions are met and I doubt that it just "gets better" all by itself. If you're saying that they did not replace your fuel pump, then I'd recommend that you call Ford Customer Relationship Center. I don't have the number handy, but google it or something.

Ford needs to send a letter to all dealerships regarding this issue (very much like they did with a similar issue a few years back) that tells the dealership to replace the fuel pump regardless if replicatable or not.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:03 PM
Stangrunner06
1st Gear Member

http://www.2005stang.com/gallery/alb...hesonaccel.pdf

Go here, print this out and bring it back with you to the dealer and slap it on his service desk! [sm=redx.gif]
If all else fails, call FORD! [sm=icon_flaming.gif]
Old 08-26-2006, 04:18 PM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

good luck
Old 08-26-2006, 06:06 PM
pastor_ice43
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: celenztah

The problem does not happen everytime the conditions are met and I doubt that it just "gets better" all by itself. If you're saying that they did not replace your fuel pump, then I'd recommend that you call Ford Customer Relationship Center. I don't have the number handy, but google it or something.

Ford needs to send a letter to all dealerships regarding this issue (very much like they did with a similar issue a few years back) that tells the dealership to replace the fuel pump regardless if replicatable or not.
Mine hasn't done it for about 4 months, and I did nothing to fix it.
Old 08-26-2006, 06:08 PM
mindfury
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stangrunner06

Go here, print this out and bring it back with you to the dealer and slap it on his service desk! [sm=redx.gif]
Oh see, that just pisses me off now... that is precisely what I described to the lady when I took the car in, and that there was a TSB out on it, and all that they did was consume 50 miles of my fuel to say "sorry, we couldn't find any problems." Not to mention they put scuff marks in the door that I had to clean up.

Old 08-26-2006, 11:07 PM
tsaints1115
1st Gear Member

I`ve had the exact same problem after my 60 mile highway trip from work.

1. Always at the bottom of exit ramp into a rolling right turn.
2. Almost always had cruise on prior to exit.
3. Happens only if I catch light and can roll thru. Downshift into 2nd or 3rd depending on speed. As I roll on the throttle the car will "hiccup?" to the point it makes my foot come off the throttle.
4. Doesn`t happen if I don`t catch the light. If I have to stop and the car idles for whatever I have to sit,when the light changes and I accellerate away the throttle is normal.

I got the same "nothing found" from the dealership. I was thinking it was a glitch in the electronic throttle. Thanks for the TSB.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:58 AM
jay_t

ORIGINAL: Stangrunner06

Thanks, I'll make sure to take this to the dealer with me when I take it in for its first scheduled checkup/maintenance.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:46 PM
Spanky1985

Okay fellas, mine was doing the same thing. Ya know after a while of driving and slowing down it would cut out and even die on me. So i let it go for a while ya know i cleaned my MAF, check the filter...nothing. Started doing it again. I took it in...the problem after 3 days of it being at the dealership was the THROTTLE BODY. Check it out...it may be the problem. Got mine fixed (thank god it was under warranty for 365$) and hadn't had a problem since. Hope I was able to help....

Quick Reply: Throttle cutting out