Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Should I recommend the v6.....

Old 08-23-2006, 12:42 PM
GiMiX
2nd Gear Member

Default Should I recommend the v6.....

Hey fellow stangers, I just got myself a new GT but I have 2 friends who are looking to buy a new car. Because my love for the new 05/06/07 stangers of any models I highly recommended them a new mustang. They Rode my car and they loove the power and the looks of the new mustang, but then again mine is a GT. As much as they loved a GT model doesnt seem to be in their price range, however I recommended them a v6 stanger. I'm not sure but they want to be able to have a fast car for that kind of price range and class of a v6. I couldnt really give them a comparison of how well they would do in comparison of stock cars vs stock cars between a v6 stang and some other car. So what are yall thoughts.... I really do highly recommend them a mustaang best bang for the buck right?
Old 08-23-2006, 12:47 PM
McBudd
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Should I recommend the v6.....

I have never regreted buying my V6, not even for a split second. While the V8 has power, I got the V6 for the retro grill and general looks. Different people like their cars for different reasons, so it is up to the person. A Mustang is a Mustang, it does not matter if it is V6 or V8. I had the choice of a plain jane V8 or my baby w/ all her add ons. While she might get burnt in a drag race she will look good losing. But this is just my opion and as I said each person has their reasons for what they want in a car.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:49 PM
LL88
2nd Gear Member

I have a 5 speed V6, and it still seems like an animal to me in terms of power. I don't think that you can beat the car, And I got mine a pretty low price because I had over 2500 dollars worth of incentives at the time. I have only drove a GT automatic, but I hear it is an animal in standard. But, a standard V6 will probably be plenty of power for your friends.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:52 PM
GiMiX
2nd Gear Member

thanks guys... i Totally agree with yall, i honestly dont care between the models of GT or not. Mustang IS a Mustang and just beautiful no matter what. They do loooove the looks of the new stangs and definetly a top choice, they just wanted to see the other options available as in a car thats "best bang for your buck"
Old 08-23-2006, 01:17 PM
windveilpete
2nd Gear Member

They could buy an older gt if they really HAD to have the v8 performance, for about the same price as a new v6. They wouldn't have a new car, and unless they bought an 04 certified (still gonna cost a little more than a new v6) they wouldnt probably have a warranty.

A new v6 is still fairly quick, as fast as a new acura rsx, faster than older integra's, 240's stock, etc... and are about the same as a stock 95-98 mustang gt. It's not a slouch, it's just not a 13 second car.

I just got a tuner, and there's a difference there too, we can get about 20 hp, and 20ft/lbs of torque for a minimal investment in modifications, which puts us into the high 14's in the quarter mile. 20 years ago, that was fast!
Old 08-23-2006, 01:20 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GiMiX

thanks guys... i Totally agree with yall, i honestly dont care between the models of GT or not. Mustang IS a Mustang and just beautiful no matter what. They do loooove the looks of the new stangs and definetly a top choice, they just wanted to see the other options available as in a car thats "best bang for your buck"
for the price, there are very few cars that compete straight line if you are buying new. I think there are maybe 2 cars that would take us straight line that are very close in price brand new. 1. cobalt ss/sc 2. srt-4 if you can find one new. i would say new civic si because its a driver's race, but they mark up those like crazy, i almost got one at 25k before i saw my mustang. Very good bang for buck factor.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:29 PM
MyFirstPony
1st Gear Member

I would, and have recommended the V6. It is an incredible car with plenty of power.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:30 PM
GiMiX
2nd Gear Member

oh ya definetly.. i actaully did tell them about a cobalt ss and the ddoge but cmon now.. they are ****ing American ricers... dont look HALF as good as the mustangs and they totally agreed lol. I think this is good for them, like i said they want something new, they love the look and have plenty of power for what your paying.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:00 PM
chuckcsf
2nd Gear Member

They can get the V6 now and add some bolt ons later for more power.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:05 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

I have about the same oppinion as the rest, I have never regretted buying the V6, it has plenty of power, handles great, cheap on insurance and is the best looking car around. Oh and the price was right too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Should I recommend the v6.....