Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Got Pulled Over... again!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 04:13 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Default Got Pulled Over... again!

This car is getting me into so much trouble!

Driving home from San Diego.. and mind you, my speeding days are over and done. Ever since I got ran off the road and nearly hit a concrete lamp post, I've been going the posted speed limit and 70MPH-75MPH on the highway (depending on the flow).

So, driving home from San Diego, minding my own business. No weaving, just cruising at 75MPH with the rest of the traffic. I signal and begin to move to the fast lane as a CHP car was pulling a U-turn on the I-5. There was an opening between the North and South bound freeways, and I guess he wanted to go North! So, he's in front of me with his signal lights on, and instead of insulting him by hitting the breaks I let the car roll itself down to 70MPH. I figured if he saw the breaklights in his rear view, and the tip of my car go down, he'd think I was going faster than I really was.

So he speeds up and pulls way off to the right lane and cruises at 65MPH and I let her roll down to 65MPH too. I look around, and NO ONE is going to pass this guy. I just think of all the times there are cops in my neighborhood, and they're trapped in traffic because everyone's going so slow. Every time I'm in a situation like that, I speed up just a bit and the cop uses the gap I create to zoom on by. Once I even got a nod for it! Considerate right? Should be fine on the freeway too, right? Haha!

So I eek up to 70MPH and slowly begin to pass traffic. I stupidly assume Mr CHP Man will just let me roll away.. after all, it's 8PM, barely any traffic, on the barren desert between San Diego and Irvine. Before I know it, the dude is on my *** and flashing his lights on me! I was so dumbstruck.. but I kept my cool and pulled over. Of all the people street racing just a couple seconds ahead of me, he nabs me! [&:] Anyway, I stop, roll down the windows, and place my hands on the steering wheel for him. I know cops appreciate little things like that. He must have sprinted out of his car because he was at my passenger window before I could really think of what to do next.

Cop: "Hey!"
Me: *dumbfounded* "Uh?"
Cop: "73 miles per hour is not the speed limit."
Me: *still in shock* "Would you like my license?"
Cop: "You were going pretty fast, I saw you changing to the fast lane when I was getting on the freeway. You were getting up pretty close."
Me: "Yeah, just going with the flow, sir."
Cop: "NEVER pass a CHP car that's going 65MPH."
Me: "Sorry sir."
Cop: "These things are pretty fast!"
Me: "Aha, yeah.."
Cop: "Have a good night."
Me: "Thank you sir."

He probably thought it was a GT.

I found it amusing that he picked some arbitrary number like, 73MPH to convince me that I was speeding. Even more amusing because not even 15 minutes later, street racers... Charger R/T, Cobalts, and Integras, just all over the place without a single CHP in sight. But they see a stang and I MUST be going fast.

Anyway...
SPARTAN: 3
Cops: 0
Old 09-18-2006, 04:18 AM
SparkYZ
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Got Pulled Over... again!

Haha...nice.
My friend was bitching at me because I have no front plate and I havent gotten in trouble.
He's got an MR2, he's a Toyota man.
He said only Stangs and Vettes get away with no plate...Cops like us more.hah
Old 09-18-2006, 04:19 AM
Skoshi42
2nd Gear Member

HAHA!!! yeah right on! I had the same thing happen to me on the first week of owning my car, the cop pulled me over and told me "you better slow down, I know you have a nice car, but you need to slow down" and I was going 5 mph less than the speed limit... hehe.. at that time, my car was a bone stock sixer... also, thanks Spartan for your "how to" on the GT bumpers, Epona has been my inspiration to do the GT conversion... shes a mighty fine ride indeed.. hehe
Old 09-18-2006, 04:38 AM
TheBest159
1st Gear Member

CHP SUCKS.... i got pulled over for my window tints the other day and they were 35%.... so now i have to go get them removed. with my next paycheck im going to get them back on but 20%
Old 09-18-2006, 04:52 PM
Dior85
1st Gear Member

i herd awhile ago that you can never pass CHP or just a regular officer on the road. i hate CA cops they think who the hell they are. when i moved to CA i was SHOCKED to see a camero CHP in WHITE to fool ppl.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:46 PM
ScottRNelson
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dior85

I heard awhile ago that you can never pass CHP or just a regular officer on the road.
I've passed CHP patrol cars at 5 mph over the limit without them coming after me. It takes several miles to get far enough ahead of them that you can pick up the pace again, though. Usually I wait until another vehicle is shielding me from them.

But I suppose it helps that I have a license plate that says GRAMPAA on it.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:12 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dior85

i herd awhile ago that you can never pass CHP or just a regular officer on the road. i hate CA cops they think who the hell they are. when i moved to CA i was SHOCKED to see a camero CHP in WHITE to fool ppl.
I never heard that before last night.

He was just one of those ***** cops that scolded me like I was a child then left. Probably didn't hear a damn thing I said.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:31 PM
drtuba
2nd Gear Member

I got pulled over for the first time in my stang last week. I wasnt speeding or anything. I was driving on I-95 near Daytona Beach when the FHP officer sitting in the median turned on his lights and pulled me over. He said it was for my window tinting. He got out his window tint meter and told me my windows were 24%. Apparently the limit is 28% in Florida. He didnt get me a ticket or a formal warning just a "faulty equipment notice" He told me I didnt have to remove the tint or do anything with the windows. My understanding is that window tint violations are a secondary offence and you can not get pulled over for this violation alone. Is this the truth? I guess it really doesnt matter since I didnt get ticketed , but I just want to know what the law is in case I get pulled over again for tinting.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:55 PM
Black Stang 3200492
2nd Gear Member

me and my friend were racing on some back rodes kinda, and we were goin like 80 and we went around this turn and flew by a cop not seing him to it was to late. We had to been goin around 80 and we just ducked into a subdivision. luckily we didnt get pulled over
Old 09-19-2006, 09:09 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Nice buddy lol i wish when i got pulled over last time that cop was nice about it but he was a d!*k to me.....I was keeping up with the flow of traffic and i was in the middle doing 75mph in the 70mph zone......He pulled me over and since i was 16 the assh*le's ticket made me lose my license for a month and im still driving on a 16yr old licnese which means im almost 18yrs and still cant drive past 12:30am