Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I'm Going V6 !!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 01:35 AM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I'm Going V6 !!!

Thank goodness you didn't choke on some rice! As they say cool heads usually prevail......I say Vista Blue(really like that color-was actually my first choice, but couldn't locate one, second choice was Tungsten Grey...very pleased with that color too). I think the V-6 with the pony package in a 'Vert would look super nice(the new for '07 silver Bullitt wheels really allow the V-6 to look aggressive). Congrats on joining the team......
Old 09-25-2006, 02:03 AM
undecided.steve
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Pyrat

ORIGINAL: undecided.steve

Actually as an audiophile, I have my own recording studio the Shaker 500 sounds fine to me.
I have a Pioneer/Infinity system in my Caprice fwiw.

We are looking at Vista, white stripes or grabber orange white stripes or yellow with blue stripes.
I've got the Shaker 1000 and had heard all kinds of stories about it skipping but mostly with MP3 files and I run either store bought CDs or ones I've burned from the originals (not MP3). Mine performed fine until I took I made a 1000 mile straight through run. Around the 700 mile mark it started skipping. I figure it's a heat issue. Seems to be ok now, but haven't done any all day and half the night drives since. I'm planning on swapping it out for a system that will, without an adaptor, let me attach my iPod. It'll save me toting around all those CDs and from what I've heard sound a lot better then the S1000.

WRT a yellow Mustang, unfortunately it seems screaming yellow has been discontinued. But the grabber orange looks interesting
Honestly, the CD/mp3/wma thing isn't really down to a science yet.
FWIW with my super high end Pioneer/Infinity system, some MP3 CDs will play and others will not.
Some will play on other systems and some will not....
It's really like the wild west out there.

Bottom line is find a blank that your car player likes and use that brand.
Burn at 4x speed or less and don't go to max size.
iPods are of course a totally different thing.....
Old 09-25-2006, 02:09 AM
undecided.steve
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

Thank goodness you didn't choke on some rice! As they say cool heads usually prevail......I say Vista Blue(really like that color-was actually my first choice, but couldn't locate one, second choice was Tungsten Grey...very pleased with that color too). I think the V-6 with the pony package in a 'Vert would look super nice(the new for '07 silver Bullitt wheels really allow the V-6 to look aggressive). Congrats on joining the team......
It was close.....
That 07 Eclipse GT waws real sweet until the price was put on the table.............
A V6 with the sport package (nothing fancy) was around 30k......
I laughed at the guy....
Are you kidding I said?
He was not....
Showed me invoice, etc.....

I said, well its not my fault your cars are overpriced.....

Still, the car IMHO was very nice..
No backseat, tons of torque steer and a very cheap interior although the ice blue gauges looked fine.
No doubt it was a looker, but 30k worth?
No way!!!
A steal at 20k but not 30k...........
BTW the 4cyl was a slug....

Old 09-25-2006, 02:13 AM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

Well considering all the speakers (a third of the trunk is the woofer box) I thought it should have sounded better. The CD that started to skip was a factory book on CD. The iPod has its own quirks though, but I can take my whole collection with me and never have to stop to swap out CDs [sm=smiley1.gif]
Old 09-25-2006, 02:19 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Thats a familiar story, I too am 45 and ended up with an 06 vert after driving a V6 Hertz rental! You'll love the Stang, just beware of mods; they're addictive!
Old 09-25-2006, 02:33 AM
Cindy
4th Gear Member

Congratulations and Great Choice...You won't regret it![sm=gears.gif]
Old 09-25-2006, 07:11 AM
XtacY
1st Gear Member

LOL you can get a loaded GT _EASY_ for 26k out the door. Even less than that. And yes even a 2007 as well. Unless you're wanting a vert.. probably around 28k then.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:35 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

You should feel lucky, the ticket price for my GT here in PR. is 46k I got it for 41k. We have this stupid import tax that really owns cars here. For example a 70k E55 AMG will cost you 120k here because there is also a luxury tax! Haha enjoy your car you will be happy with either. Although I think you could get a better deal on a GT, if you plan to mod it be prepared to spend around 2k in mods or so to be up to a GT. But if you want it for just cruising and so you will be happy with the v6. You really can't go wrong with this car.

Att. Andrew
Old 09-25-2006, 09:55 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Glad you finally decided steve. Let me know if you want to change your user name.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:56 AM
djl0657
2nd Gear Member

Congrats from a 54 year old OLD FART.

Irene and I have been in MUSTANGs for years. Traded her 99 convertible for the 05 convertible that we own now. A GT take off muffler and we LOVE IT. The V-6 has more then enough power for us and delivers better mileage then the 99 did, approaches 30 MPG on a trip.

Good pick, one for us old guys,